How to trigger the "Secret Wonders 5" item description?

1. Which says:
    "SPECIAL TREASURE BUSTERS:
    THERE ARE SPECIAL NEW TREASURE BUSTERS THAT CAN BE USED WHEN SOME TREASURE ITEMS ARE AT MAX (M) LEVEL.
    HOW TO USE:
    PRESS [C-UP] OR [C-RIGHT] FOR A SECOND AND RELEASE IT."

Actually I have a lot of items at Max level but I cannot do their special TB, and I'm wondering why because sometimes when you press start in the middle of a battle with the CPU (preferably at high difficulty) you can see a duplicated or upgraded icon below the normal one in the opponent's side. I know probably it's glitched like a lot of features in this game but can someone confirm me this please?

User Info: Jn_Ltd

Jn_Ltd - 8 years ago

1. I have only had one experience with an apparent (M) lv treasure buster. It was with the Houou Feather. Normally you gain otedama, but a couple times when screwing around I used a buster with it (remember, this is going off memory since I have not played for some time- this could be from the sequel). After releasing the buster button, a wind effect blew across the screen, and for a little while after the opponent was 'pushed' towards you. At first I did not see any effect other than the visual, but while comboing I noticed that my opponent was not being knocked backwards as much, allowing for much longer combos (easy infinites :).

I assume there are others, but I never played around with items all that much (having gotten Yuka's final buster the natural way, I have all items maxed too).

User Info: MES_Seele

MES_Seele - 8 years ago 1   0