Review by All is Fair in Love and War

Reviewed: 07/01/03 | Updated: 12/05/03

Forget Tying Your Shoes, You Can Tie Your Tongue Instead!

Introduction
Chameleon Twist 2 is much better than the old Chameleon Twist video game. There are four awesome chameleons with incredibly lengthy tongues to choose from in Chameleon Twist 2: Davy (that is the green Chameleon), Jack (that is the blue Chameleon), Fred (that is the yellow Chameleon), and Linda (that is the pink Chameleon). There are four files, so you can play a game with each of them like I have done.

Game Play 10/10
It is very difficult to find all twenty coins in all six stages. I have had it for a very, very long time, and still have not gotten all of the coins. I still play it as often as I can, though. There are also three training rooms in Chameleon Twist 2. Here is a little bit about the Training Stages.

Training Rooms
Training Room 1: In this training room you must use your tongue to grab onto ledges and jump up onto them to get to the finish line. This is really basic stuff that you should know.
Training Room 2: In this training room you must use your parachute to fall down and stick out your tongue to collect balloons.
Training Room 3: This is the best and hardest of the Training rooms. In this training room you must use your tongue to grab onto sticks and swing around on them to get to the finish line.

Story Line 9/10
You start out as a little, very ordinary chameleon, seesawing with one of your little, very ordinary chameleon friends. Then KABAM! The rabbit guy comes down on the other side, and you are blasted off to another world. The only reason why this did not get a ten was because you did not do anything to the rabbit or the other villains and baddies.

Graphics and Animation 9/10
The graphics are really, really bright in most parts of this video game, but sometimes it can get very dark. These graphics are really pretty good for a 64 - bit video game. The animation is very detailed, and that is all it is it is no more.

Controls 5/10
These controls are the only bad thing on here, for these controls are pretty hard to use at some points in the video game, but, well you know what? It is exactly like what they say, practice makes perfect! It is true! I think that it is true...

Sound Effects and Music 10/10
The background music was some of the best that I have ever heard from a game for the Nintendo 64. The sound effects were done very, very nicely. The sound effects were detailed very, very, very, very nicely.

Stages 10/10
There are six stages in this video game: Sky Land, Carnival Land, Ice Land, Great Edo Lad, Toy Land, and Pyramid Land. The most awesome one is Toy Land. I love Toy Land so much, I feel like singing a song about it.
Toy Land, Toy Land, how I love my Toy Land. When you are in my Toy Land, you have to give me all your toys.
I do not know the whole song. So I just sang part of it. Anyway, Toy Land is awesome.

Villains 10/10
The villains are well ... um ... how do I describe it ... um ... very, very ... well ... different. Stuff like burgers and flowers and doughnuts and giant robot like things? Darn it, this is one very creative video game for the Nintendo 64. This is one very, very creative video game for the Nintendo 64.

Extras 9/10
You could try to get all twenty coins in each stage and get a new costume for each one of them. There are six stages in all, so you can get six costumes in all. There are a few training stages and mini games, so you can try to set records to show off to your friends. This got a nine because you cannot do any of it with two or more people playing it at the same time. That is right. That means that there is no multi-player in Chameleon Twist 2.

Play Time 9/10
It takes a little while to get all the coins and everything and do everything in this video game. I would say a month or so.

Replay Value 10/10
When you finish Chameleon Twist 2 for the first time, you can go through it again on another file with a different chameleon to see all of the different costumes for every one.

Fun Factor 10/10
This game is so much fun it is just plain scary! Would not you be scared if you had a tongue like a chameleon? I know I would. But having a tongue as long as that would be incredibly fun, too. I could take candy from a baby without any effort at all. More Halloween candy would be easy to get with a tongue like that.

Cons and Pros

Cons
Hard to use, not so great controls

Pros
Nicely drawn graphics and animation
Beautiful sound effects and music
Extremely creative villains

Rent or Buy
You should rent Chameleon Twist 2 first to see if it is for you. But if you bought it before you read this review, and you do not like it, you can sell it to someone else, give it away, or just give it to your little brother or your little sister. (if you have one of course) Or you could set it on fire. WAIT!!!!! DELETE THAT LAST SENTENCE!!!!! NO, NOT THE SENTENCE THAT SAID: WAIT!!!!!, BUT THE SENTENCE BEFORE THAT!!!!!DO NOT SET THIS GAME ON FIRE!!!!! I REPEAT, DO NOT SET CHAMELEON TWIST 2 ON FIRE!!!!! YOU WILL GET IN TROUBLE IF YOU SET CHAMELEON TWIST 2 ON FIRE!!!!! CHAMELEON TWIST 2 DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE SET ON FIRE EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!!!!! NEVER SET CHAMELEON TWIST 2 ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Final Score 10/10
Chameleon Twist 2 is as I have previously stated, much better than the old Chameleon Twist. I love it, and still play it as often as I can.

Overall
Game Play: 10/10
Story Line: 9/10