Why does my city produce more beakers when it is set to produce gold?

1. Has anyone ever gotten into this weird situation where a city produces MORE beakers when it is set to produce gold?
    I have a city right now where if I set it to Make Beakers, then I get 0 beakers and 0 gold. But if I set it to Make Gold, then it produces 2 beakers and 0 gold. How does this make any sense?

This is my first game. I am playing as Catherine of Russia. I am playing on Chieftain difficulty. I think we're in the second age of the game; it is 1175 AD. The city is my capital and it contains the following buildings: Great Wall, Palace, Barracks, Temple, Library. It has the following great people settled in it: Gilgamesh (-50% building cost) and Marco Polo (+50% gold production).

The city is of population 6. All the citizens are working the field, and NONE of those tiles in the field are Trade tiles.

User Info: yoyoson6

yoyoson6 - 10 years ago
  2. But thank you, Griffins, for your post! I had completely forgotten I had asked this.

User Info: yoyoson6

yoyoson6 - 9 years ago

1. The little gold arrow is what I was talking about, (ie. set to produce gold vs set tor produce science). I think it was manually set to produce gold. I didn't even think that that arrow was something thats gets controlled automatically.

I think I've figured it out though, and it comes down to this: A Library acts as a trade MULTIPLIER (x2 beakers ) when you've set the city to Make Science. But it acts as a CONSTANT (+2 beakers) when you've got it set to Make Gold. Thus, if my citizens are working 0 trade, then when I'm set to Science, 0 times 2 beakers is still 0 beakers, but when I'm set to Gold, 0 plus 2 is 2 beakers. Hence I make more science when I'm set to make gold.

User Info: yoyoson6

yoyoson6 - 9 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. Did you auto it to have it produce gold, or did you do it manually? Try switching the little arrow to gold on the bottom center of the city management screen.

User Info: Griffins909

Griffins909 - 9 years ago 0   0