Ability Acquisition FAQ (IOS) by Sir Phoenix
Version: 1.11 | Updated: 02/19/2013
Table of Contents
- General Information
- Job Progression
- Red Mage
- White Mage
- Black Mage
- Dark Knight
- Alternative Fusion Ability Lists
- High Value Fusions
- Job Progression Suggestions
- Light Melee 1 (Paladin)
- Light Melee 2 (Dragoon)
- Light Magic 1 (Seer)
- Dark Melee 1 (Ninja)
- Dark Melee 2 (Ninja)
- Dark Melee (Dark Knight Builds)
- Dark Magic 1 (Magus)
- Version History
- Legal Stuff
Final Fantasy Dimensions
Job Ability/Fusion Acquisition FAQ
Copyright Sir Phoenix
Version 1.11 - (03/28/2014)
The purpose of this FAQ is to list all the jobs in Final Fantasy Dimensions, and what abilities you get at each level, to include any F-abilities you may learn at that level. This should allow you to determine how high to build certain jobs if you're planning builds.
The lists are in order of lowest level Fusion to highest leveled Fusion. This way you can easily see how high you need to level a job for the desired Fusion.
You need to use the abilities to unlock the Fusion.
<Name [Required JLVLs] Abilities (Effects)>
|Light Warriors only|
|Dark Warriors only|
|HP||Current Hit Points|
|mHP||Maximum Hit Points|
A note about fusion abilities: If they are listed with a number (3F), it means you must get to that level in that job before being able to learn it. Abilities marked without a number can be learned as long as you have the job, but in most cases you will have to be that job to learn it. (For example, a 0 level Dragoon can learn Boost Jump while in Dragoon, even though the Jump command is assignable at Dragoon 8). These "early" F-abilities are put in the list after their respective abilities for organizational purposes.
|Level||Name||Req levels||Req abilities||Effect|
|F-||ID Break||Warrior + Ranger 12||Strike + Quick Shot||(ST Damage + Silence)|
|F||Thunder Slash||Warrior 1 or Black Mage 1||Strike + Thunder||(ST Lightning damage)|
|3F||Nab Gil||Warrior 3 + Thief 1||Bash + Pickpocket||(ST Attack + Steal Gil)|
|3F||Taunt||Warrior 3 + Dark Knight||Bash + Draw Attacks||(MT Berserk + Provoke)|
|7F||Boost Jump||Warrior 7 + Dragoon||Enrage + Jump||ST Aerial attack|
|7F||Misty Charge||Warrior 7 + Ranger 14||Enrage + Backup||(ST 100% hit Attack + switch Row)|
|15F||Mighty Wall||Warrior 15 + Paladin 7||War Cry + Mighty Guard||(MT Protect/Shell/Bravery)|
|17F||Valiant Blow||Warrior 17 + Paladin||Assault + Charge||(ST Damage proportional cHP/mHP deficit)|
- 13 - STR+20 is a plus on any melee character, regardless of build.
- 15 - War Cry is useful by itself, and Mighty Wall is an awesome end-game party buff.
- 17 - Minimum level needed to get all F-abilities.
- 1 - Get strike. All mages can wield bows or similar decent weapons, and strike is a cheap damage ability.
- 13 - STR+20 is also recommended for Dark Side melee builds.
- 15 - Optional, but getting one Dark Warrior War Cry may be useful before your end game.
- 1 - Get strike. It's cheap and JP free, and also useful.
|F||Gale Crescent||Monk 1 or Summoner 1||Kick + Sylph||(MT Wind Damage)|
|F||Capoeira||[Monk 1 + Dancer 1]||Kick + Drain Samba||(Attack with a random ability)|
|3F||Self-Destruct||Monk 3 + Black Mage||Focus + Firaga||(ST Damage based on HP, sacrifice)|
|4F||Smash||Monk 4 + Ranger||Lotus Strike + Precise Shot||(ST Heavy damage + Stun)|
|6F||Piercing Blast||Monk 6 + Red Mage 8||Aurablast + Attune Blade||(ST Magic Damage, pierce Reflect)|
|11F||Bone Crusher||[Monk 11 + Dark Knight]||Riposte + Darkness||(Invincibility OR Counter Attack taking extra damage)|
|13F||White Wind||Monk 13 + Dragoon 6||Chakra + Healing Breath||(MT Heal based on cHP)|
|15F||Dark Judgement||Monk 15 + Summoner||Vacuum Wave + Diabolos||(MT Damage 1/4 cHP)|
|15F||Tempest||Monk 15 + Ninja 8||Vacuum Wave + Gale||(ST Wind damage)|
|17F||Phantom Rush||Monk 17 + Dancer 20||Dropkick + Trance||(ST Attack x6)|
|18F||Sange||Monk 18 + Ninja 17||Raging Fist + Image||(#Attacks = #Images)|
|20F||Final Heaven||Monk 20 + Seer||Earthshatter + Holy||(ST Holy Damage)|
- 13 - White Wind is an excellent way to heal the party for classes with high HP.
- 20 - Final Heaven is the most powerful ability you can have, light side.
- 6 - Piercing Blast isn't very strong, but it provides a -ra type magic spell vs. walled enemies.
- 4 - Smash is a better version of strike that doesn't rely on setting Battle Arts.
- 17 - Phantom Rush has the highest damage potential of any dark melee attack.
- 18 - Needed if you want all F-abilities Dark Side
- 6 - Piercing Blast, although it's very utility-like. Not worth going out of the way for.
|1F||Nab Gil||Thief 1 + Warrior 3||Bash + Pickpocket||(ST Attack + Steal Gil)|
|3F||Battle Orders||Thief 3 + Bard||Flee + Aiding Anthem||(All Allies switch Row)|
|F||Steal Hearts||Thief + Ranger 8||Steal + Aim: Heart||(MT Confuse OR Berserk Self)|
|16F||Life Divider||Thief 16 + Paladin 3||Mug + Pommel||ST Damage + Heal Enemy|
- 3 - Battle Orders is a useful skill that should be learned by at least one of your final party.
- 16 - Life Divider has a gimmicky use. It deals a strong attack then heals for almost the same amount. Useful for undead, or if you finish off an enemy with it.
- 0 - Steal hearts is a free ability, provided you have some ranger levels. It is useful for strong melee fighters, as Berserk is like a stronger version of auto-fight.
- 14 - SPD + 10 may be worth a look if you are hurting to fill a last blank ability slot.
- 20 - Treasure Hunter (multiple copies of) is necessary if you don't want to farm fangs/tails for eternity.
|1C||Red Magic Lv. 1 (Cure, Libra, Poisona, Fire, Blizzard, Thunder)|
|F||Magic Bomb||Red Mage||Cure + Fire||(ST Magic Damage)|
|5C||Red Magic Lv. 2 (Slow, Silence, Mini, Poison, Sleep, Toad)|
|F||Magic Missile||Red Mage||Poisona + Poison||(ST Magic Damage)|
|8F||Piercing Blast||Red Mage 8 + Monk 6||Aurablast + Attune Blade||(ST Magic Damage, pierce Reflect)|
|11C||Red Magic Lv. 3 (Cura, Protect, Raise, Fira, Blizzara, Thundara)|
|F||Magic Bomb 2||Red Mage||Cura + Fira||(ST Magic Damage)|
|F||Dark||Red Mage + Dark Knight 3||Cura + Curse||(ST/MT Dark Damage)|
|13C||Red Magic Lv. 4 (Basuna, Confuse, Teleport, Drain, Break, Bio)|
- 3 - HP+20 is very good at low levels for all chars.
- 16 - Magic Blade is actually a useful skillset for a melee class, with elemental damage (and healing!) determined by attack power. Also osmose blade works amazingly well for melee, and probably better than osmose spell works for mages.
- 20 - Using Magic Blade, Duel Wield, and Doublecast, you can hit 4 times with any spell.
- 20 - Doublecast is amazing for casters, regardless of type.
|1C||White Magic 1 (Cure, Libra, Poisona)|
|F||Magic Bomb||White Mage 1 + Black Mage 1 or Red Mage 1||Cure + Fire||(ST Magic Damage)|
|F||Magic Missile||White Mage 1 or Red Mage 5||Poisona + Poison||(ST Magic Damage)|
|3C||White Magic 2 (Slow, Silence, Mini)|
|7C||White Magic 3 (Cura, Protect, Raise)|
|F||Magic Bomb 2||White Mage 7 or Red Mage 11||Cura + Fira (ST Magic Damage)|
|F||Dark||White Mage + Dark Knight 3||Cura + Curse||(ST/MT Dark Damage)|
|F||Aura||White Mage + Bard 5||Protect + Brave Ballad||(ST Protect/Bravery)|
|9C||White Magic 4 (Basuna, Confuse, Teleport)|
|12C||White Magic 5 (Curaja, Blink, Shell)|
|F||White Draw||White Mage + Dragoon 13||Blink + Lancet||(MT MP Restore)|
|15C||White Magic 6 (Berserk, Regen, Haste)|
|F||Hastega||White Mage + Bard 14||Haste + Swift Shanty||(MT Haste)|
|F||Meltdown||White Mage 15 or Summoner 9||Berserk + Ifrit||(All Allies/Enemies Fire Damage)|
|18C||White Magic 7 (Curaga, Esuna, Reflect)|
|F||Esunaga||White Mage + Bard 17||Esuna + Angelic Aria||(MT Esuna)|
|F||Full Cure||White Mage + Dragoon 20||Curaga + Dragon Soul||MT Full HP/Esuna)|
|F||Magic Bomb 3||White Mage 18 or Black Mage 15||Curaga + Firaga||(ST Magic Damage)|
- ? - There is not a single fusion ability from white magic that requires any Job Levels spent in white mage. The main question is whether you want the passives, MND+20% or Mental Discipline to determine if this class is worth spending JP in.
- 20 - Some people argue that Mental Discipline isn't worth it because you can heal MP with dry ethers and ignore white mage entirely. Others argue that you can effectively double a large MP pool, and get twice as many castings of F-abilities, which cannot be doublecasted.
|1C||Black Magic Lv. 1 (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder)|
|F||Thunder Slash||Black Mage 1 or Warrior 1||Strike + Thunder||(ST Lightning Damage)|
|F||Magic Bomb||Black Mage 1 or Red Mage 1||Cure + Fire||(ST Magic Damage)|
|3C||Black Magic Lv. 2 (Poison, Sleep, Toad)|
|F||Magic Missile||(Black Mage 3 + White Mage) or Red Mage 1||Poisona + Poison||(ST Magic Damage)|
|5P||INT + 20%|
|7C||Black Magic Lv. 3 (Fira, Blizzara, Thundara)|
|F||Aqua Breath||Black Mage 1 + Dragoon 2||Blizzara + Blizzard Breath||(MT Water Damage)|
|F||Magic Bomb 2||Black Mage 7 or Red Mage 11||Cura + Fira||(ST Magic Damage)|
|9C||Black Magic Lv. 4 (Drain, Break, Bio)|
|12C||Black Magic Lv. 5 (Osmose, Stop, Tornado)|
|F||Deep Freeze||Black Mage 12 or Summoner 9||Stop + Shiva||(ST Ice Damage + Stop)|
|15C||Black Magic Lv. 6 (Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga)|
|F||Self-Destruct||Black Mage 1 + Monk 3||Focus + Firaga||(ST Damage based on HP, sacrifice)|
|F||Grand Delta||Black Mage 15 or Summoner 7||Thundaga + Ramuh||(MT Lightning Damage + Paralysis)|
|F||Magic Bomb 3||Black Mage 15 or White Mage 18||Curaga + Firaga||(ST Magic Damage)|
|18C||Black Magic Lv. 7 (Quake, Death, Comet)|
- ? - Much like white mage, there are no fusion abilities from Black Mage that requires any JP spent. So the only reason to spend JP is if you want to pick up the passives, INT+20% and Magic Font. Do note that for fusions that involve two caster classes (Magic Bomb 3), you will have to spend JP in one of the classes that can learn it.
- 20 - Magic Font is a very good ability. It makes your spells more potent, do more damage or healing. To make an example, I've had a non-fonted Seer Curaga the party for 2,500 hp recovery, while a magic fonted curaga did closer to 4,000 healing per person. It's good!
|1C||Summon Lv. 1 (Sylph, Chocobo)|
|F||Gale Crescent||Summoner 1 or Monk 1||Kick + Sylph||(MT Wind Damage)|
|7C||Summon Lv. 2 (Ramuh, Titan)|
|F||Grand Delta||Summoner 7 or Black Mage 15||Thundaga + Ramuh||(MT Lightning Damage + Paralysis)|
|F||Sunder Earth||Summoner 1 + Ninja 7||Titan + Tremor||(Inaccurate ST Earth Damage)|
|9C||Summon Lv. 3 (Shiva, Ifrit)|
|F||Deep Freeze||Summoner 9 or Black Mage 12||Stop + Shiva||(ST Ice Damage + Stop)|
|F||Meltdown||Summoner 9 or White Mage 15||Berserk + Ifrit||(All Allies/Enemies Fire Damage)|
|12C||Summon Lv. 4 (Phoenix, Odin)|
|F||Iai||Summoner + Dark Knight 17||Odin + Final Thrust||(ST Damage + Instant Kill)|
|15C||Summon Lv. 5 (Unicorn, Leviathan)|
|17C||Summon Lv. 6 (Alexander, Diabolos)|
|F||Dark Judgement||Summoner + Monk 15||Vacuum Wave + Diabolos||(MT Damage 1/4 cHP)|
|F||Dispelga||Summoner 17 or Seer 18||Dispel + Alexander||(MT Dispel)|
|F||Moogle Dance||Summoner 18 + Dancer 5||Call + Frailty Polka||(MT DEF/RES Reduction)|
|20C||Summon Lv. 7 (Argy, Bahamut)|
|F||Gigaflare||Summoner 20 or Magus 18||Flare + Bahamut||(ST Magic Damage)|
|F||Mega Raise||Seer 20 and Summoner||Araise + Bahamut||(MT Revive @ 1/2 mHP)|
- 0 - Gale Crescent, and Iai for Dark Melee, are both one job abilities that can be learned immediately after Kick and Final Thrust.
- 5 - MP+20% may be a useful addition if you have ability slots to spare on a MP starved melee character.
- 0 - If you're not using a summoner, make sure to change job to one to learn the abilities unlocked by your white mage/black mage/Seer/Magus.
- 20 - Reverse advice: Make sure to job change to white mage/black mage/Seer/Magus to unlock all the fusions covered by your summons!
|2F||Aqua Breath||Dragoon 2 + Black Mage||Blizzara + Blizzard Breath||(MT Water Damage)|
|6F||Lively Lied||Dragoon 6 + Bard 9||Healing Breath + Restful Refrain||(All Allies/Enemies HP Restore)|
|6F||White Wind||Dragoon 6 + Monk 13||Chakra + Healing Breath||(MT Heal based on cHP)|
|F||Boost Jump||Dragoon + Warrior 7||Enrage + Jump||(ST Aerial attack)|
|13F||White Draw||Dragoon 13 + White Mage||Blink + Lancet||(MT MP Restore)|
|20F||Full Cure||Dragoon 20 + White Mage||Curaga + Dragon Soul||(MT Full HP/Esuna)|
- 0 - Boost Jump is an easy pickup as long as you have Enrage from Warrior
- 6 - White Wind is a great heal for high HP classes (most melee)
- 20 - Dragon Soul is invaluable in the uncommon circumstance that you need it, and Full Cure is an excellent ability as well.
- 6 - Magic classes have the MP, INT, and MND to make better use of the breath skillset.
- 20 - Full Cure, while not needing MND, is heavy on MP cost. A magic user would be able to use it more if you wanted to grind it out.
|1F||Battle Orders||Bard 1 + Thief 3||Flee + Aiding Anthem||(All Allies switch Row)|
|5F||Aura||Bard 5 + White Mage||Protect + Brave Ballad||(ST Protect/Bravery)|
|9F||Lively Lied||Bard 9 + Dragoon 6||Healing Breath + Restful Refrain||(All Allies/Enemies HP Restore)|
|14F||Hastega||Bard 14 + White Mage||Haste + Swift Shanty||(MT Haste)|
|17F||Esunaga||Bard 17 + White Mage||Esuna + Angelic Aria||(MT Esuna)|
|20/*||Heroic Hymn (You need at least one level 20 Bard to learn it, but when you get it, all party members learn it.)|
|20F||Shock||Bard 20 + Paladin 17||Dire Dirge + Wide Slash||(MT Magic Damage)|
- 1 - Battle Orders is VERY convenient if known by any one party member.
- 14 - Hastega is considered by many to be a very necessary end-game/post-game buff.
- 20 - Shock is awesome. Insta-cast melee Ultima. From what I've noticed, it does great damage in magic classes as well.
|F||Valiant Blow||Paladin + Warrior 17||Assault + Charge||(ST Damage proportional cHP/mHP deficit)|
|3F||Life Divider||Paladin 3 + Thief 16||Mug + Pommel||(ST Damage + Heal Enemy)|
|7F||Mighty Wall||Paladin 7 + Warrior 15||Warcry + Mighty Guard||(MT Protect/Shell/Bravery)|
|9F||Alabaster Veil||Paladin 9 + Seer||Guard + Benediction||(ST Protect/Shell/Haste/Regen)|
|11P||Damage > HP|
|17F||Shock||Paladin 17 + Bard 20||Dire Dirge + Wide Slash||(MT Magic Damage)|
- 14 - Doublehand is necessary to have post-game damage. It can be skipped if you want a more defensive character, but only then.
- 17 - Wide slash is a good grinding ability, and Shock is an amazing crowd clearer.
- 20 - Ivory slash is almost as powerful as Final Heaven, and works in a pinch.
- 7 - Mighty Wall is an amazing buff for the party buffer.
- 9 - Alabaster Veil is also great, and is probably the best ST buff there is.
|F||Final Heaven||Seer + Monk 20||Earthshatter + Holy||(ST Holy Damage)|
|1F||Dispelga||Seer 1 + Summoner 17 or Seer 18 + Summoner||Dispel + Alexander||(MT Dispel)|
|F||Alabaster Veil||Seer + Paladin 9||Guard + Benediction||(ST Protect/Shell/Haste/Regen)|
|18C||White Magic Lv. 8|
|20F||Mega Raise||Seer 20 + Summoner||Araise + Bahamut||(MT Revive @ 1/2 mHP)|
- 0 - Final Heaven is the most powerful light side attack. If you have decent monk levels, go for this.
- 20 - Araise is a very important ability in endgame, and Mega Raise is useful to have.
|F||Smash||Ranger + Monk 4||Lotus Strike + Precise Shot||(ST Heavy damage + Stun)|
|8F||Steal Hearts||Ranger 8 + Thief||Steal + Aim: Heart||(MT Confuse OR Berserk Self)|
|12F||ID Break||Ranger 12 + Warrior||Strike + Quick Shot||(ST Damage + Silence)|
|14F||Misty Charge||Ranger 14 + Warrior 7||Enrage + Backup||(ST 100% hit Attack + switch Row)|
|20F||Midareyuki||Ranger 20 + Ninja 18||Spreadshot + Assassinate||(ST Attack x3)|
- 0 - Smash is an excellent pickup ability, and should demand all dark melee warriors to hit Monk to level 4. It's worth the 1 JP!
- 14 - Misty Charge is useful when the parties are split. It allows you to change row while still hitting hard. It also looks cool. Also, combine Backup with an all-hit weapon such as the autocrossbow, and it becomes both effective and fun for grinding.
- 20 - Spreadshot is the most powerful regular ability in the game. Midareyuki is the best looking attack in the game.
- 18 - Alchemy is one of the best support commands. Phoenix Down + Elixir? Antidote + x-potion? Dry ether + dry ether? It is very useful.
|F||Bone Crusher||Dark Knight + Monk 11||Riposte + Darkness||(Invincibility OR Counter Attack taking extra damage)|
|3F||Dark||Dark Knight 3 + Red Mage or White Mage||Cura + Curse||(ST/MT Dark Damage)|
|F||Taunt||Dark Knight + Warrior 3||Bash + Draw Attacks||(MT Berserk + Provoke)|
|17F||Iai||Dark Knight 17 + Summoner||Odin + Final Thrust||(ST Damage + Instant Kill)|
|20F||Dark Star||Dark Knight 20 + Magus||Meteor + Ebony Slash||(MT Dark Damage)|
- 7 - Backliner is a great passive ability that doubles DEF and is useful for Rangers and Ninja.
- 14 - Last resort is a huge dps improvement when used correctly. It makes Dark Blade a good secondary set.
- 20 - Dark Star is one of the more powerful magic abilities, even if it does require a full job grind. At least leveling a dark knight isn't exactly a painful process.
|1F||Capoeira||Dancer 1 + Monk 1||Kick + Drain Samba||(Attack with a random ability)|
|5F||Moogle Dance||Dancer 5 + Summoner 18||Call + Frailty Polka||(MT DEF/RES Reduction)|
|16F||Malediction||Dancer 17 + Ninja 14||Wonder Step + Stunner||(ST copy status to target)|
|20F||Phantom Rush||Dancer 20 + Monk 17||Dropkick + Trance||(ST Attack x6)|
- 20 - Trance/Phantom Rush is about the only reason to go through Dancer.
|7F||Sunder Earth||Ninja 7 + Summoner||Titan + Tremor||(Inaccurate ST Earth Damage)|
|8F||Tempest||Ninja 8 + Monk 15||Vacuum Wave + Gale||(ST Wind damage)|
|14F||Malediction||Ninja 14 + Dancer 17||Wonder Step + Stunner||(ST copy status to target)|
|17F||Sange||Ninja 17 + Monk 18||Raging Fist + Image||(#Attacks = #Images)|
|18F||Midareyuki||Ninja 18 + Ranger 20||Spreadshot + Assassinate||(ST Attack x3)|
- 18 - Midareyuki is a very nice ability, and the best looking one to boot.
- 20 - Dual Wield is necessary to get the best damage output for Dark Side Characters.
- 8 - Tempest is a tiny bit stronger than Leviathan, and isn't very useful.
|F||Dark Star||Magus + Dark Knight 20||Meteor + Ebony Slash||(MT Dark Damage)|
|1F||Gigaflare||Magus 18 or Summoner 20||Flare + Bahamut||(MT Magic Damage)|
|18C||Black Magic Lv. 8|
- 0 - If you have a mastered Dark Knight, Dark Star is a free fusion.
- 16 - If you are abusing the Boost Element skillset to make Phantom Rush hurt more, enlight is the most abusable ability of the set.
- 1 - If you're a Dark Magic user going the summoner route, pick up 1 level in Magus to unlock Gigaflare.
- 20 - If you're not going summoner, this really is the only choice left.
Free Fusion Abilities are any F-abilities that do not need any JP spent in order to learn them, and at most require only level 3 in a particular job. These are generally not powerful, but a few have some uses.
- Gale Crescent: Kick + Sylph: Monk 1 or Summoner 1
- Magic Bomb: Cure + Fire: White Mage 1 or Black Mage 1, Red Mage 0
- Magic Bomb 2: Cura + Fira: Red Mage 0
- Magic Missile: White Mage 1 or Black Mage 3, Red Mage 0
- Nab Gil: Bash + Pickpocket: Warrior 3 and Thief 1
- Self-Destruct: Focus + Firaga: Monk 3 and Black Mage
- Thunder Slash: Strike + Thunder: Warrior 1 or Black Mage 1
- Aqua Breath: Blizzara + Blizzard Breath: Black Mage and Dragoon 2
- Battle Orders: Flee + Aiding Anthem: Thief 3 and Bard
- Capoeira: Kick + Drain Samba: Monk 1 and Dancer 1
- Dark: Cura + Curse: Dark Knight 3 and (White Mage/Red Mage)
- Taunt: Bash + Draw Attacks: Warrior 3 and Dark Knight
One Job Fusions are any F-abilities that don't require you to set a different job. They are very few and only apply to Red Mage.
- Magic Bomb: Cure + Fire: White Mage 1 or Black Mage 1, Red Mage 0
- Magic Bomb 2: Cura + Fira: Red Mage 0
- Magic Missile: White Mage 1 or Black Mage 3, Red Mage 0
Here is a list of fusion abilities that I find particularly useful, with explanations.
- Thunder Slash - Thunder Slash is not a strong physical attack. The warrior attack strike hits harder and costs less MP. Yet, it has one important use. There are many (good) weapons in the game that have an elemental property, and many enemies in the game that absorb certain elements. Thunder slash forces the element of your weapon to be lightning, which is useful if an enemy would otherwise absorb your attack.
- Deep Freeze - It is almost as powerful as the useful Comet spell, and is obtainable for light side magic users. The stop effect is a bonus, and there are relatively few enemies that absorb ice.
- Gale Crescent - Many melee classes do not get a multi-target attack. Gale Crescent is an upgraded version of kick, does not cost JP, and does not require to be in a specific class.
- Boost Jump - This is a powerful physical ability that is almost as powerful as final heaven, and is available early on for light side. It has the defensive advantages of jump.
- Final Heaven - The most powerful physical ability light side can learn, and forces your element to be holy, which fortunately, very few monsters absorb. Quick charge time and low cost around post-game where is where it will be used most.
- Mighty Wall - For having the awesome effect of war cry, combined with protect and shell.
- Shock - I consider this the melee version of Ultima. Insta-cast and very powerful.
- White Wind - This allows a high HP class to heal as effectively as a white mage/Seer, and ignores MND.
- Midareyuki - High damage ability that IMO, has the coolest visual effect in the game.
- Misty Charge - Useful ability when the parties are split for when the dark warriors get attacked from behind.
- Phantom Rush - Highest potential damage on dark side melee fighters. On dual wielders, will combine traits of both weapons, to include element and 'killer'-type abilities. Allows abuse of boost magic.
- Steal Hearts - Berserk raises physical damage, and this either casts a self-berserk or a multi-target confuse.
- Smash - A more powerful version of strike, and very useful in the dark warrior chapters for melee.
Here I will detail paths through which can be followed throughout the game to pick up good passives and setup for f-abilities for later. The numbers dictate "stopping points", where you can opt to stop and move on to a new job, or continue to the next "stopping point" to squeeze out more utility from the current job for later use.
- Thief 3 - Flee, in order to get Battle Orders later.
- Warrior 15/17 - War Cry and possibly Assault.
- Dragoon 0 - Enrage allows instant learning of Boost Jump
- Bard 5/14/17/20 - The songs at these levels set up for Aura, Hastega, Esunaga, and Shock.
- Paladin 20 - Picking up War Cry will allow Mighty Wall, Assault will allow Valiant Blow, and Wide Slash will allow Shock. While Final Heaven wasn't picked up, Ivory Slash does a darn good job of coming close. Doublehand is picked up automatically.
- Warrior 7 - Enrage to allow for Boost Jump
- Monk 20 - Allows for White Wind and Final Heaven
- Dragoon 20 - Boost Jump, White Wind, Full Cure.
- Paladin 14 - Doublehand
- Red Mage 20 - Doublecast
- Black Mage 20 - Magic Font
- Seer 20 - White Magic 8, Araise. Can also now set white magic 8 and learn all f-abilities that require a white magic spell, such as Magic Bomb 3, Dispelga, Mega Raise...
- (Optional) Bard 5/14/17 - Aura, Hastega, Esunaga.
- Monk 4 - Lotus Strike for Smash
- Warrior 13 - STR + 20
- Ranger 20 - Smash, Misty Charge, Spreadshot, Alchemy
- Dark Knight 7 - Backliner
- Ninja 20 - Midareyuki, Dual Wield
- Monk 17/18 - 17 gets Raging Fist for Phantom Rush, but one more level will get you all f-abilities from the class. Sange isn't very useful, but it's worth mentioning.
- Ranger 0 - SMASH! (Also note, getting smash is worth doing as soon as you have Monk 4.)
- Dark Knight 14 - Backliner, Last Resort
- Dancer 20 - Trance (unlocks Phantom Rush)
- Ninja 20 - Remember to pick up Malediction and Sange, if you did Monk 18.
- Use the builds meant for Ninja, but remember to switch to Dark Knight after you get Dual Wield.
- Red Mage 20 - Doublecast
- Black Mage 20 - Magic Font
- Magus 20 - Flare, Black Magic 8, Ultima. Remember to use Black Magic 8 within White Mage and Summoner to get all the F-abilities, such as Gigaflare.
- version 1.11
- Minor typo fix
- version 1.10
- Second Release
- Added Alternative Fusion Lists
- Added Job Progression Examples
- Major reformatting change
- version 1.00
- Initial Release
!!! This FAQ is copyright to Sir Phoenix !!!
- This FAQ is FREE. Do not sell this guide!
- Do not copy this guide and say that you wrote it.
- If your website is not listed here, ask before using it on your website.
|Sites that CAN host this guide||Sites that CANNOT host this guide|
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want my guide on your site.
[ Square Enix ] - For entertaining me with videogames for the past 20 years.
[ GameFAQs ] - For being a reliable free source of game information that I've used since the 1990's.
R u s h - For posting a fusion ability list by job in the forums, thus giving me a skeleton from which this guide is built.
holyknight14 - For providing a comprehensive source of job abilities and fusion abilities.