Should I use same type teams? Or should I mix and match?

1. Hi I am kind of new at this game and I am trying to decide how I should plan out my teams. Should I make a team strictly of every type of medal? Or should I have teams that have all three but still use the other two? For example should my power team be five power medals or three power medals, one magic medal, and one speed medal? Thanks.

User Info: logonin

logonin - 2 years ago

Answers

1. for general playing, it is up to you but for bosses and coliseum, it is recommended you stick with one type for the specific stage. You should probably plan a different team for each type and have it composed of just one element. Exceptions to this could be medals that ignore defense if you need a filler.

User Info: Lurane

Lurane - 2 years ago 0 0
  2. You should probably make teams entirely devoted to one type. So far, there seem to be very few stages that would benefit from having mix-and-match attack types.

The exception is the Colosseum, but if you get an all-1-turn you can skip forward some and if you beat a round after having skipped some you still get the rewards from the previous ones.

User Info: PaperCrease

PaperCrease - 2 years ago 0 0
  3. Throughout the story quests, almost all of the enemies are the same type as the target enemy for the quest. Since rock-paper-scissors rules apply, you should pick the keyblade (Treasure Trove, Lady Luck, or Three Wishes) that has a type advantage over your target enemy. Make your medal team on each of these keyblades all the same type as the keyblade to get the most out of it.

Starlight and Olympia keyblades are both multi-type keyblades. I haven't really found them all that useful for normal story quests or some of the more bland special quests. If I ever do encounter a level with lots of differently typed enemies, then I'd use the Olympia keyblade with a variety of types of medals. Since you get it so late in the game, it has stronger base stats than the Starlight keyblade.

User Info: TigerC10

TigerC10 - 2 years ago 0 0
  4. You're going to want a team of mix and one team each specializing in the three stats. Starlight is my recommendation for the multi-type, as it can evolve much higher, and a lot of story missions require it. The specialty keyblades (Treasure Trove, Lady Luck, and Three wishes) should be exclusive for medals of their respective stats:

Treasure Trove = Power (red medals)
    Lady Luck = Speed (green medals)
    Three Wishes = Magic (blue medals)

A good rule of thumb is to always match medals with their circles. (like red medals to red circles).

User Info: Angelheart17

Angelheart17 - 2 years ago 0 0