Are there any "Best characters"?

1. Speaking purely on a "base stat" principle, are there any characters that vastly out perform the others?

Being the totally loyal fanboy I am, I want a team of purely FFVII characters so I can relish in its never to be remastered glory!

User Info: robofish_13

robofish_13 - 5 years ago

1. Here's a more beautiful sheet with all characters and relevant as well as overall stats, sortable on click:

chapter731.net/ffrk/

Beware character spoilers!

User Info: Caveras

Caveras - 5 years ago 3   1

Answers

1. Yes. There's a Google Doc floating around the web that details every character's stats, but that's based on all the characters released for the Japanese version of the game so far. In terms of the U.S. release, Sephiroth and Cloud lead in STR whereas Kain leads in DEF. Rydia leads in Magic and White Mage leads in Mind.

User Info: Microcastle

Microcastle - 5 years ago 1   0
  2. ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home

This is the main wiki page for the game and includes lists based on stats @ level 50 (max).

User Info: xerosplash

xerosplash - 5 years ago 1   0
  3. Actually, now Cecil leads in DEF in the US release. He was just released.

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph - 5 years ago 0   0
  4. Aerith now leads in Mind, and has more spell versatility than White Mage

User Info: Geopower

Geopower - 5 years ago 0   0
  5. I tried this method of building up the fighting group of only my favorite characters, and it even worked. That is, until I decided to customize my group depending on the dungeon I'm tackling and the series this dungeon comes from. Oh, and then there's "optimize equipment" button. Suddenly, the game seemed a lot easier than before...
    ...my point being, if you want a FFVII-exclusive group - go ahead, it's doable. But VERY troublesome.

User Info: Holy_Samurai

Holy_Samurai - 4 years ago 0   0
  6. Even if use the strongest characters thats nothing if you don't have the skills that really helps you win. also i get characters depending on what ff place their in so plus bonus to stats, so yuna to ffx or terra to ffvi.

User Info: tsunaxsawada10

tsunaxsawada10 - 4 years ago 0   0