Why did the AC points change without me changing armor?

1. First: I play the us-version via emulator on my PC.

I noticed that suddenly during the second mission my AC points suddenly changed without me changing the armor. Everyone wears Smartsuits. Given that I started with an AC of 2 for humans and desert runners and an AC of 1 for Tinker. They should now be 0 and -1. Instead they got up again to 2 and 1. First I thought it was because of the Anti-G battles during the mission, but they didn't change back when I returned to Salvation III, not even after I leveled up.

What's the problem?

User Info: starstray

starstray - 10 years ago

1. Ok, after some additional testing I figured it out.
    Before you do any training, take off all your gear.

For whatever reason it seems to bug out and 'recalculates' your base AC after you level up. If you're wearing gear then this may improve or worsen your AC (armor class) and I have reason to believe that this change is permanent once you save your game. Only way to 'fix' it is to load a save game prior to the training and then remove armor before training.

I hope this helps.

User Info: darkwraith007

darkwraith007 - 2 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. Hmm... never paid attention to it before even on the console version. Good work on figuring it out. I'll be checking it during my play through since I started it again. Just got wiped by an ECGs of all things. Dumb poison.

User Info: JadeCrab

JadeCrab - 2 years ago 0   0