Trading eggs?

1. Can you trade eggs before they are hatched from FR/LG to R/S/E? And can any egg be traded?

User Info: empressdee

empressdee - 11 years ago

1. no egg can EVER be traded hatched pokemon only

User Info: italy0666

italy0666 - 11 years ago 0   6

1. this is from the sticky

*Before the National 'dex:
    Em can trade Hoenn Pokemon ONLY with Ru/Sa as soon as both games have the first 'dex and at least two Pokemon in the party. Eggs cannot be traded at this time.

Em can also trade with a completed Col file to get any Pokemon traded into the game as long as Em has the 'dex and at least two Pokemon in the party.

*With the National 'dex:
    Em can freely trade for any Pokemon and Eggs from any game provided:
    -The other game is Ru/Sa
    -The other copy of Em has the National 'dex
    -FR/LG has fixed the Network Machine side-quest on One Island.
    -Col/XD has completed the main storyline
    -The other game is Box, as long as Em has at least 100 Pokemon logged in its 'dex

User Info: undertakerjoey

undertakerjoey - 11 years ago 2   0
  2. Let's clear up the confusion.

It DEFINITELY possible to trade eggs, but you need the National Dex in Emerald first.

It is NOT possible to trade eggs BEFORE you get the National Dex in Emerald, however.

User Info: Caasi11

Caasi11 - 11 years ago 2   0
  3. You can indeed trade eggs as long as you have the proper requirements. It is also a way to get traded pokemon with your owner name on it when it hatches.

User Info: Battousai_X

Battousai_X - 11 years ago 1   0
  4. Okay, I am half-cleared. Cassai11, I understand you need the national dex in Emerald, but do you need the same for either fire red or leaf green?

From what I am recently learning from the diamond and pearl versions, you need the Sinnoh region pokedex completed before getting the national dex, and it is when you get the national dex that you can trade from any of the GBA games as long as the GBA game is in the proper slot and as long as its at the start of your game and not in the middle per se.

I also learned that in Diamond and Pearl that if you have a buddy with the same game that has the national dex, you can likewise trade their pokemon.

So... is it basically the same, except you need Fire Red/Leaf Green at National level + 100 pokemon, I think... as well as having Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald at the same National dex level?

I have emerald/ruby/sapphire all at National dex, but cannot trade pokemon yet.

I think there has to be some sort of link cable too involved isn't there?

User Info: empressdee

empressdee - 10 years ago 0   0
  5. Think of trading eggs from game to game like immigrating to different countries. If you don't meet the requirments (And a Pokemon must be hatched before traded.), you aren't going to get get in unless you immigrate illeagally (Hack), which you should never, ever do! Sorry man.

User Info: MuddyMaestro

MuddyMaestro - 11 years ago 0   2

Question Status
Trading?? Answered
Rayqazza Trading? Answered
Trading pokemon ? Answered
Evolving without trading? Answered
Wireless Trading? Answered