I'm trying to get Toad to Lvl. 16 (and I think Ultima if I find a good enough way) so that I can do the Toad minigame -
I know that some monsters are "below" my party's level, so they don't upgrade my spell level. So I have several questions:
1) Is there a way to tell what monsters will level up my Toad spell (It's at 7, by the way)
2) I'm about to enter the cyclone, so is there a best place for this kind of thing?
3) Is it better to use the individual-targeting Toad spell, which is faster, or the ALL-targeting version?
4) Does using it multiple times in one battle make it level up faster?
Thanks for anybody who can help,
-onReload onReload - 9 years ago
Top Voted Answer
Ah, yes, it was a huge pain to level up Toad to 16... Also, a tip for you: once you unlock the better memory minigame, it repeats 32 patterns over and over in order. Write them all down and you'll know exactly where each card is. If you never miss once, you get Masamune, which rocks but totally throws off the balance of the game this early. I killed enemies immediately and it was no fun for me. But on to your questions...
1) Stronger monsters will level it up faster, especially bosses
2) Try Mysidia
3) It doesn't matter
4) Yes, yes, yes! This is really the only way to go. Battles will take forever, but if you use the spell like 20 times in one battle, you'll see the results. tecarmel (Expert) - 9 years ago
What id the use of Toad?Why it is that for questioning?it will only make foes became a Frog. askehole666 - 9 years ago
Actually, the way that I maxed a bunch of my spells was this:
I'd get into a battle with a weak enemy, (Kill until there's only one left) and then just have your characters start casting support spells on themselves. If you're trying to level up spells like Teleport, Warp, Toad, etc., then cast them on yourself so that the battle doesn't end. (There's very small chance it will ever affect you.)
Once you have you characters casting, put something on on the A button to make it a cycle, and then go get some coffee or something. Come back later, heal, and repeat. Jon_To_The_C - 9 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.
More Questions from This Game
|FF2 Magic level?||Answered|
|Where do I level up Toad?||Answered|
|Does an enemies rank affect how fast you level up spells?||Answered|
|Why are there two Ultimas?-FF2||Answered|
|How can I level up spells easier?(Final fantasy II)||Answered|