Why is it so difficult to catch the 3 legendary birds?

1. I've tried for so long, weakening them to the red zone where their life bars are almost completely gone, yet they constantly break out of the ultra balls. Moltres, especially. Is there anything I can do to catch them easier? Other than using a master ball, that's on reserve for Entei

User Info: metalface69

metalface69 - 10 years ago

1. The programmers gave a number to every Pokemon that dictates how easy, or difficult, it is to catch that Pokemon. This number is called the "Capture Rate". The smaller the number, the harder it is to catch that Pokemon. Many legendary Pokemon, like the birds, have a Capture Rate of 3.

As for attemping to capture the legendary birds, you should do the following things:

1. Save in front of it before you begin the battle- That way, if you run out of balls, you can reset and try again.
    2. Bring <i>lots</i> of Ultra Balls.
    3. Use moves that inflict a status condition- Sleeping and Freezing work best.
    4. Weaken it as much as you can- Weaker Pokemon are easier to catch.
    5. Be patient. Don't expect the first ball you throw to catch it.

Just keep your cool and you'll do fine.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy - 10 years ago 4   1

Answers

1. There's not really alot you can do..It took me around 10 tries to catch Moltres. But what made it easier is to bring a pokemon that knows a move that can paralyze or put it to sleep, A good trick is that Moltres Knows The move ENDURE that will keep it with at least 1hp left when you attack it. Use it your advantage and bring its health down as much as possible then hit it with a move like SING or a THUNDER WAVE. Bring alot of ultra balls(I had around 28 or 30), alot of patience and keep trying.Also I found Aticono and Zapdos Easier to catch but that might be that I was on a roll :P
    (Trust me I know how you feel. I felt like throwing the whole game at the wall sometimes)

User Info: CrAzY_4_U_66

CrAzY_4_U_66 - 10 years ago 2   1
  2. Maybe you didn't give it disease,you can try to make it sleep,paralyze,poisoned or other effect,and try to be patient,don give up easily,and have a high pokemon team too,^^

User Info: christiensen

christiensen - 10 years ago 1   1
  3. I agree with hylianarmy's advice. Also, try using a pokemon that can use False Swipe. Believe it or not, by paralyzing Articuno and reducing it's hp to 1 with False Swipe, I caught it with a Pokeball. I used a Scyther and was able to catch Articuno.

User Info: ineedananswer

ineedananswer - 10 years ago 1   2
  4. what I did was I accidentily used my MASTER BALL on Zapdos and I got about 30 Ultra Balls and put Moltras and Aticono to sleep and once I threw the Ultra Ball I started hiting A and B reapetitly and very fast and may have taken my about 3-10 tries to get them but I still caught them Prety easy. (AND THEY HAVE TO BE ASLEEP)

User Info: THEBLACKTIGER18

THEBLACKTIGER18 - 10 years ago 1   2
  5. Well, to tell you the truth ive heard that theres this B button glitch, u press B right when the ball closes, and get thid, i lowered moltres' hp to exactly half no stasus problems, used a pokeball with b glitch, AND I CAUGHT IT ON THE FIRST TRY, also theres this other glitch my friend told me with a pokeball and it helped me catch a latias for my little bro in saphire

User Info: supermario11196

supermario11196 - 10 years ago 1   3
  6. what I did was I accidentily used my MASTER BALL on Zapdos and I got about 30 Ultra Balls and put Moltras and Aticono to sleep and once I threw the Ultra Ball I started hiting A and B reapetitly and very fast and may have taken my about 3-10 tries to get them but I still caught them Prety easy. (AND THEY HAVE TO BE ASLEEP)

User Info: THEBLACKTIGER18

THEBLACKTIGER18 - 10 years ago 0   2
  7. Do NOT use your master ball, you should save that for mewtwo. bring 50 of each balll, a team around lvl 50 average, one pokemon should know something like thunder wave or sleep powder, get its health down to red, paralize or sleep it, thow any kind of ball like crazy. who knows? i caught arcticuno with a poke ball, ultra didnt even shake once.

User Info: derekz1234

derekz1234 - 10 years ago 0   2
  8. i caught those three pretty easily...

you just have to hit A at the same time the ball moves....
    it works!!

User Info: inzanemada

inzanemada - 10 years ago 0   2
  9. throw the ball and when it closes use the arrow keys, left, right, left, right. It works!!!
    I caught Articuno and Zapdos with that strategy.

User Info: Topher65

Topher65 - 10 years ago 0   2
  10. Look people, that B button glitch is a fake. I tried it, didn't work. It is just luck if you catch it on the first try. Inzanemada and Topher65 ideas/glitches work!!!!!! By the way I am VERY happy that you're using the masterball on Entei. Everbody uses it on Mewtwo. DON"T EVER USE THE MASTERBALL ON MEWTWO!!!!! Just use the glitches.

User Info: finalfantasy68

finalfantasy68 - 10 years ago 0   2
  11. Well because they are legendaries, i was playing on my friend's and he used all balls except master and 358 poke balls, i caught moltres after one Poke', 7 on Articuno, and 6 on Zapdos, they had one HP, i think use faint attack or a move that doesnt allow you to kill it, and put it to sleep or paralyze it, (Save B4)

User Info: IAppleJuiceI

IAppleJuiceI - 10 years ago 0   3