What does internal battery is dead mean?

1. I can't play any of my GBA games on my GBA SP.

User Info: looneyfan

looneyfan - 1 year ago

1. If none of the games work then it sounds like the rechargeable battery in the SP needs to be replaced. It isn't too difficult and there are some good videos that walk you through replacing the rechargeable battery. An internet search for gameboy advance sp battery will lead you to those videos. Walmart has a lithium ion rechargeable battery for the SP that currently sells for about 7 USD (US dollars).

Sometimes the game cartridge itself has a battery and when that gets low it will trigger a message like that, but if none of your games work it is more likely the above. If it is the game cartridge, those batteries can be replaced as well. NOT all GBA games have a cartridge battery, so check the internet to see if your game has a battery. Again, if this is the problem there are videos just search for GBA cartridge battery replacement.

Good luck!

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 1 year ago 1   0