Johto Starters - are they available?

1. For the longest time (yeah it's been over 10 years now) I've played this game. My Pokedex is certainly complete (besides the four I mention below) and I've gotten the random Pokemon like Latios and Latias dozens of times.

Serebii says that Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil are available on the Ruby field and appear randomly in the same way as Lati@s. It also lists Aerodactyl in its Pokedex. The Ruby field is even the one I play on 90% of the time and I've never, ever found one of the Johto Starters or Aerodactyl, either. Is this a mistake on Serebii's part or are they really available and I've just been extremely unlucky all these years?

User Info: pandaemonical

pandaemonical - 6 years ago

1. So, my guess is that they are unobtainable in the game without the Ereader card, which was never released in the US/EU (as fas as I know).

I think serebii made a mistake saying that they were available but rare without the card. the reality is probably that the card allows you to find them in the wild. The card was released in Japan.

That's my take.

User Info: elmnt61

elmnt61 - 6 years ago 0   0