What is the essential factor in capturing the ex skills of bosses?

1. I read that you should have a high rank (A or S) that means completing the primary goal of a mission, killing a given minimum of enemies depending on the mission, and completing a level in a given time limit, no retries, no elves etc...

Here's the problem, the snake boss gave me its ex skill eventhough I had a rank of D and received damage both from the enemies and the boss, I dealt to it high damage attack (the triple sword combo) two times or so, so I'm doubting that's what made it do its ex attack (lasers fired from the big snake in a stairs formation when the spring thing is going down them) which means I had a high rank (???) but received a D in the rating chart (...wtf)

Now that I played the power room level, defeated the phoenix boss with no damage, minimum time (2'29), minimum # of enemies defeated (55) I received a total of 100 points, and ranking of A, but no ex skill, same with the other ice and thunder bosses

I saw some dudes omitting the missions when possible (like destroying the cooling system of the ice level), completing the levels less faster than me, and inflicting elemental damage to bosses occasionally, and obviously getting the exskill

So the question is, how do you exactly get a boss to give its ex skill
    or is there some serious glitch with the european game

User Info: shapeshiftus

shapeshiftus - 9 years ago

1. Every mission score is averaged with those before it.

You probably got a high enough score on the missions before Hyleg(the snake) and that bumped it up to an a or s rank, but because it was in fact a d rank, it murdered your score for the following missions.

This happened to me with zero 3, got an S in mission 1, C in mission 2( buffed by the S and got skill) but next mission I got an A and didnt get the skill because it was brought down to a B because of mission 2.

User Info: Lucky_XIII_1991

Lucky_XIII_1991 - 9 years ago 3   0

Answers

1. You must have an A or S rank BEFORE capturing the EX skill.

User Info: Yusak_william

Yusak_william - 9 years ago 2   0
  2. All I can guess is beat it with its weakness.The snake didn't have one so you would get it by using the z-saber.

User Info: pug13111111

pug13111111 - 9 years ago 0   0
  3. It has nothing to do with averages, Yusak is right.
    The only thing that affects your ability to get an EX is your previous rank.

User Info: huytergeb

huytergeb - 9 years ago 0   0
  4. You have to have A or S rank when you do the stage, so you have to get A/S rank in the previous stage. If you want all EX Skills, you need an A in the intro stage as well.

User Info: eper111

eper111 - 9 years ago 0   0