Review by shbek1

Reviewed: 09/10/02 | Updated: 09/10/02

Good game but not as good as JPBs

As the introduction said this game is good but not as good as Jedi Power Battles. I wouldn`t give it up for anything exept Jedi Power Battles and the new one coming out New Droid Army. Okay, on with the review!
Sound: (7/10)
music: one word sums up the music. GREAT! You`ll hear the opening theme, and almost all the action music for the part your playing.
sound affects: hate to say it but the sound affects sounded nothing like the movies it had this kindof I dunno fake sound to it thats the only way I can explain it.
Gameplay: (7/10) Good but after you`ve beaten it on one maybe two diffrent difficulties you`ll put it in your case and forget about it. It really lacks replay value.
Control: (7/10) Believe it or not but the control is completly diffrent on Side-scrolling and 3-D (duh) so I separated this into two parts Side-Scrolling, and 3-D
Side-scrolling: very easy to learn the button combos for Side-Scrolling even after playing JPB the SC controls were easy to learn.
3-D: Bad, the 3-D levels really didn`t have any well depth so it was hard to tell if a ship was close or not then the ship your in dosn`t move very fast and uggg you end up losing a life.
Graphics: (7/10) The reason that I gave graphics such a high mark even after the below is because they DID do a good job and you can get used to it.
Side-scrolling Very good no changing from 2-D to 3-D in mid jump so that you miss where you were supposed to land (not like there are many hard jumps in this anyway.
3-D Bad if you look in the credits only one person did the 3-D graphics and well they don`t look very good to put it lightly. They`er all kinda boxy.
Story: (10/10) Very easy to understand, if you havn`t seen the movie, or read the book (I myself have done both).
Replay Value: Medium you`ll play through this a few times then you`ll want to sell it or throw it in the closet for a good long time.
Rent or buy? I would say buy but I also own 47 Star Wars books and 4 games to any ''normal'' person I would tell them to rent this it won`t be fun after a few times through.