Review by magical cow

Reviewed: 06/09/02 | Updated: 06/09/02

The force is strong with this one...

This game's plot is Episode II, attack of the clones. You mainly control Obi-Wan, and Anakin. Now, it is a simple game with awesome sound, and great graphics for the GBA. I had always prayed something like this would come out in stores, and got my wish.

You have to go through 11 levels, taking you from Corascant to Geonosis, and you pilot a speeder, Jedi Starfighter, and Republic Gunship in special 3-D levels. The rest of the game is in 2-D, but that doesn't change anything.

Gameplay: Some of the best I've seen, the game is a good handheld combo of 3 games: Starfight/Jedi Starfighter, Obi-Wan, and any racing game you've played. If you need something to do in the car, this is what you wanted. You get to slash up enemies, and deflect bullets back at them. However, to make it realistic, you can only block one side, but you can jump and do flips. The one thing I didn't like, though, was that there were no bonus objectives, and only 11 missions. There could have been more Jedi Starfighter action into this game, however, it is nothing of big importance.
10/10

Control: When I first bought the game, I wondered how the lightsaber would work, and how you would use force powers. Well, the game is made so that the A-Button works in conjunction with the control pad, while the control pad alone moves you, and B jumps, etc. It is simple, easy to remember, and fits on the GBA. Too bad you couldn't punch though, but the kicking in mid-air makes up for that.
10/10

Sound: This must have scored the jackpot. The sound is very realistic, and when you swing and slash, different sounds come up. It is very good to play with.
10/10

Graphics: Another great job on Lucas Arts's part. The graphics in this game work very well, and you can clearly see who is who. The lighting is also good, since you need to be able to see the game. There was one thing I saw as a flaw. I was fighting on the Tuskan level, and to my suprise, the graphics messed up. It only happened once, but it was annoying. However, that doesn't lower the score that much. The 3-D could have been improved a bit, but it is not something hard to play with.
9/10

Replay: There are many who would think that there is no replay whatsoever in this game. However, if you like to fight like I do, you may find yourself doing some levels over and over.
9/10

Good:
You can play as Anakin, Obi-Wan, and in one level, Mace
The controls are easy
The last few levels are awesome

Bad:
If you never saw Episode II, this spoils it.
There is no link so you could play co-op or duals.
There isn't that much of the starfighter action
The 3-D levels could have been improved graphically.

Buy or Rent: Well, if your a Star Wars fan, buy it, it is pretty cheaply priced for a good game, and will be worth it. If you just want to beat the game first or do a few levels to see how it is, rent it, then buy it. If you haven't seen Episode II, don't do either until you have, or this will ruin everything.

Overall: This game will occupy you for a while, and is altogether good quality. If you have played other Star Wars games, this game will be bowed down to by you.