Why does the game freeze on the reactor core on hard mode?

1. This is the third gamecube and the third copy of the game i have owned and they all freeze on the reactor core at the same point on hard difficulty. This cant be a coincidence yet i can only find one thread about it on the internet and there is no follow up. Please help!

User Info: obiwaldokenobi

obiwaldokenobi - 9 years ago

1. Hey, don't know if you'll ever read this but if it can help someone else overcome this glitch, my job is done.

I replayed the first game and was in the third screen of the New York Streets (of the fourth act) and this glitch kept happening, over and over. I tried attacking only one enemy at a time, not using any mutant powers, etc. any nothing worked.

Finally, I read somewhere that this only happens when your total number of items gets to 46. This includes the weapons in your stash, inventory and on the level's floor. That's why, when you're later in the game or playing danger room missions with a lot of enemies, it freezes - one of those enemy leaves the 46 item, making the game glitch.

I know it sucks but the only way to overcome this is to sell some of your items. That's what I did and I was able to continue playing my game. You should sell at least a few just in case a lot of enemies drop some and it freezes again.

Hope this helps! : )

User Info: gefflt

gefflt - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. In my version, it seems to freeze later, but I read somewhere before that it was because the weapon storage was too full. Not letting it get too full seemed to do the trick. Unfortunately, I have no idea exactly what "too full" meant.

User Info: ace214

ace214 - 8 years ago 1 0