Review by Darkdoomsday

Reviewed: 07/17/07

A Frightfully Bad Harry Potter Game

Let me start off by saying that I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and I was very disappointed by the quality that this game possesses.

Story 9/10
The story is basically the events found within the Goblet of Fire book and movie, but they added some unfamiliar stuff to it. A very good story for the game, but could do without the extras making the fun and exciting stuff longer to get to.

Controls 10/10
The controls were very easy for this game. They fit the game perfectly. The spell casting controls were just perfect and weren't hard. The controls made casting spells a fun and very easy experience.

Sound 5/10
The sound is the traditional Harry Potter theme basically. There weren't really a variety of tunes, but the same boring theme. It's not bad, it just gets very tedious and boring to hear the same theme over and over again.

Gameplay 1/10
This is where the Harry Potter game fails the most. The game play is so frightfully bad it's not even funny. First of all, you don't get to run around and explore Hogwarts like you did in the previous 3, which was a huge letdown and disappointment. The gameplay is basically a screen and you pick what you got to do next. You also need to do extra stuff to unlock the events of the Triwizard Tournament. I just thought the gameplay was very stupid because of the whole not exploring Hogwarts thing. The only reason I give the gameplay a 1 out of 10 is because the Triwizard events are fun to play through. on a positive note, this is the first Harry Potter game where you can play multiplayer, which is actually quite fun and very enjoyable.

Overall 4/10
I would recommend not buying this game at all. If you feel compelled to play this game, I would strongly recommend renting it. If you like playing multiplayer and Harry Potter, you might want to buy this game, but I wouldn't buy it just for that. Definitely not recommended at all to be bought. The gameplay is what seriously fails this game. Also, if you want to buy this game just because of the thrill of exploring Hogwarts, talking to people, playing the little games the students have, or collecting every wizard card or item, don't get this game because there is none of that at all.

Rating:   2.0 - Poor