Review by MoeBear

Reviewed: 07/10/07

More like Judge Dull

INTRO
Judge Dredd, one of the most popular comic book Heroes from the 80 's and 90 's. He even made a hit movie with Sylvester Stallone. So why now after all these years they finally trying to make a hit video game with this guy? Is it they have run out of ideas? I think so, cause from what I see there are so many first person shooters out their, its getting played out. Sorry Game Cube, but you got more shooters out there then people know what to do with them. All they doing is taking a superstar's name and advertising it to get attention.

GAME PLAY
There is not much to brag about this department. If you already played a first person shooter, then you know what to do. It's all the same basic stuff done all over again with a different character. I will give a brief detail about this game for all you people out there that are curious. There are three different game modes. Story mode, it is pointless and boring. You will get tired of it and want to shoot everyone in sight just for the hell of it. It is just repetitive game play from start to finish of all the missions. Need I say more?

The second mode is a bit more entertaining; this is called the arcade mode. They give you a task to complete with a certain weapon, ammo, time, or other restrictions. This part can be a bit hard and annoying, if you let it get to you. Being accurate is the best way to win. It might take you some time to get the aiming down pack, unless you a first person shooter pro, then you're the man! Your last option is the battle mode, I think it blows. You can play up to 4 people, with split screens so small, you can't tell whats going on. Sorry, but I didn't like it at all.

APPEARANCE
This is just brutal. I mean I can't tell who's who, if it wasn't for the different color on characters. It is just plain bad, I don't expect miracles from the Game Cube, but in today's day and age, you must do better then this. The graphics are not this game's strong point. The funny thing is as the game goes along, they seem to get worse. I have heard that in the other two major consoles, the game looks a lot different, but I wouldn't know cause I haven't seem them, and don't really plan on playing them or buying them. The sound, noises, and special effects of this game, I'm going to say they ok, not great but good enough to play along too.

OVERALL
This game is not expensive right now, for 20 bucks or less it is yours. The question is do you really want it? Remember you get what you pay for, so don't expect miracles. I am just disappointed they waited so long to make a Judge Dredd video game, and it just blew up in their faces. A bad job for the developing companies indeed. I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Rating:   2.0 - Poor