Serial and speed port?

1. I saw something called a serial and speed port on the bottom of my game cube. what are they used for?

User Info: WABH03_zeldafan

WABH03_zeldafan - 10 years ago

1. The high speed port is used for the GBA player accessory. One of the serial ports can be used for either a dial up modem or a Ethernet network card. Both are custom made for the GC, regular pc versions are incompatible. The other serial port has no known use.

User Info: henke37

henke37 - 9 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. Those are used for the add on accessory call thed "GBA Player". It is an add on that hooks to the bottom of your console(makes it set up about 2 inches higher) and it allows you to play your GBA/GB/GBC games on your cube without the need of any cables and lets you use your GameCube controller to play those games. I beleive they also intended for it to have online capabilities with another add on kind of like the PlayStation Network adapter but I think that was scrapped.

User Info: Ryan2002

Ryan2002 - 10 years ago 1   2