Review by KOTRwhoops

Reviewed: 03/14/03 | Updated: 03/14/03

What a great collection!!!

The basic jist of sonic the hedgehog is that he out destroy Dr Robotnik to free animals Robotnik has turned into robots. I will give each game a fair individual review.

SONIC 1
This is where it all started on the megadrive and the first computer game I ever had and playing it now is nearly as good as all those years ago. Everything is intact and it is oozing with class the game has 6 different levels consisting of 3 stages each, which are very varied. The only thing wrong with this game is the lack of an added save feature, but you cant complain at all about this game as long as you are happy with putting up with the old graphics
OVERALL 8/10

SONIC 2
When this game came out it featured far more levels and a new character, tails. There were 11 levels which had far more things to do on them, for example the casino night level you could use the pinball machines dotted around which can be great fun. Also with the addition of 2 player where you race though the levels it makes it really fun. The difficulty on this game starts off quite easy but does become quite hard towards the end. This game was the worst in the sonic series in my opinion but great nonetheless.
OVERALL 7/10

SONIC 3
I absolutely loved this game when I was younger and I still do now its superb and in my opinion joint best in the series. The levels being far longer, colorful and are generally great fun. New features are added like the variety of sheilds you can possess as a character, also the added bonus of a save feature. The 2 player game returns but this time not quite as good. With 6 huge levels with 2 stages in each its very long compared to the first sonic and a bit longer than the second. A little bit of a story has been added as in the previous 2 it was basically defeat Dr Robotnik now the introduction of Knuckles makes the game have something to it.

SONIC AND KNUCKLES
This game is similar to sonic 3 in the way it is set but you can now use knuckles as a playable character which is great as he can glide and climb walls adding new flavor to the game. The diffulculty is quite hard compared to other sonics but this just makes the game more fun, the music is great the levels are even bigger and more varied. Lava Reef being my personal favorite.

SONIC 3D
This game is a very poor spin off title from travelers tales its a good idea which is very badly executed, being in 3D the controls are hard the view is poor and level designs very suspect. This game is VERY frustrating on the later levels and the whole collecting flickies is a rubbish idea.
OVERALL 3/10

SONIC SPINBALL
Another rubbish game which is badly designed, the game is extremely boring an basic the worst on this CD.
OVERALL 1.5/10

DR ROBOTNIKS MEAN BEAN MACHINE
What a superbly adictive this game is. I have this still on my megadrive I take it round my mates house and my mates and I will spend ages playing this brilliant puzzle game. The game consists of dropping beans down which you have to group together in 4s and try to combo them which drops useless beans on your opponents screen. The multi player is brilliant and the one player isn't bad either. This game is far better than a lot of 128bit generation puzzle games and some might say this games addictive brilliance is worth the buying the game for as one of my friends already has.

SONIC 3 & SONIC AND KNUCKLES
Makes 2 fantastic games into one of the greatest games of all time!!!
OVERALL 10/10

SONIC 2 & SONIC AND KNUCKLES
Sonic 2 with Knuckles...........
OVERALL 7/10

There are other secret games you can unlock but find those out for yourself.

Overall this is a fantastic disc worth the money even if you have the slightest bit of interest in Sonic.