Review by tarragontoast

Reviewed: 01/05/03 | Updated: 01/05/03

Some Classic Games To Give Your System A "Classic Feel"!

Gameplay : 8/10
Average gameplay, with general layout of controls. Since there were only 3 buttons and a control pad for the Genesis, some of the buttons will get dusty if you play this game alot! There's also an art gallery and some old classic manuals in the game, for the games, from the Genesis system.

Story : 10/10
If you've been checking out my other reviews, you should know by now that I don't tell the story... I copy it straight from the instruction booklet :

Sonic The Hedgehog
Dr. Ivo Robotnik (AKA Dr. Eggman), the mad scientist, is snatching innocent animals and turning them into evil robots! Help our hero to fight enemies, rescue the helpless animals, and stop Dr. Robotnik from succeeding with his evil plot.
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Dr. Robotnik has returned, again bent on world domination. Join Sonic and his sidekick Miles ''Tails'' Prower the fox as they try to stop the demented scientist from completing the ultimate weapon, the ''Death Egg.''
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Dr. Robotnik's ''Death Egg'' has lost it's ability to fly after crash landing on the Floating Island, and only the power of the Chaos Emeralds can repair his ship. To obtain these, he tricks their guardian Knuckles the Echidna convincing him that Sonic and Tails are really his enemies...
Sonic & Knuckles
Having blasted Robotnik's ''Death Egg'' to smithereens, Sonic is determined to find the Emeralds hidden on the Floating Island, but Knuckles is equally determined to stop him by all means available. While they're going to rounds with each other, who will stop Dr. Robotnik?
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic travels to Flicky Island only to find that Dr. Robotnik has turned the mysterious birds known as Flickies into vicious robots! Help Sonic to rescue his friends and foil the deranged scientist's fiendish plot.
Sonic The Hedgehog Spinball
The deranged scientist Dr. Robotnik is once again turning the animals of Mobius into robots using his monstrous contraption the Veg-O-Fortress. Only Sonic can penetrate the pinball defense system, free the animals, collect the Emeralds and put a stop to his fiendish plan.
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dr. Robotnik is changing the jolly flok of Beanville into devious little robots that will help rid Planet Mobius of music and fun forever. Group the beans together to help them escape while working your way up to the wilier henchbots.

Value : 10/10
Better than the original cartridge, but the disc can get scratched, so it's not invincible! Great for all ages, but it can get frustrating not being able to save.... If you've already played all of these, be vary! If you've played it, but haven't got all of them now, or forgot what it was about, then go for it!

Audio/Video : 7/10
I think it's better than the original Genesis games, but not by much.... The Sound FX is ok... The music is REALLY loud.... But, it is EXACTLY like the original! The music can be repetitve, so find a CD or something!

Replayability : 5/10
I wouldn't recommend the average gamer to play this game frequently. I does give you lots of 100+ hours in terms of game play IF you've never played this game before AND if you don't use a Pro Action Replay (aka Gameshark)

To buy or to rent? : 8/10
I highly suggest a buy, but when it's on sale.... It could also go away while you wait for it to go on sale, so... be quick in buying this game when and IF it goes on sale!

Final Rating : 8/10
Wow! A higher rating than I thought....

The good : Some classic gaming to give your system a ''classic'' feel.
The bad : No saving. (On most games.)