Review by WaterMario222

Reviewed: 06/12/05

Fools of Wrestling II

After getting Legends of Wrestling and being severly disappointed, I thought that the series would never be brought up again. Turns out, Acclaim decided to make another game and with added lameness included! Legends of Wrestling II is a step back from Legends of Wrestling, and as the previous game, needs more innovation to revive the series. I hope that that happens, otherwise, there very well may never be another good Legends of Wrestling game ever. This game was released in the year 2002 for North America and released in the year 2003 in Europe.

Sadly, the gameplay is basically a repeat of the previous game. There are several modes to choose from, a good point, and some of them are actually quite fun! The problem remains in the unsmooth controls of the game. Most attacks require multiple button combos, that I wouldn't care to execute. All of the previous wrestlers from the first installment are back and a couple new ones have been added. There are tournaments and contests and plain fighting. You'll earn red coins, blue coins, green coins, and more to unlock Wrestlers, items, and more. Unfortunately, the concept is quite boring and has been overused in many games. Acclaim truly needs a new twist to this series if they expect more people to buy their game.

The graphics are above mediocrity, but still don't quite achieve what needs to be achieved in wrestling games. Most of the basic needs are fine, such as the wrestlers, arena, ropes etc. A little more personality and detail would make this category great and much more enjoyable to the eye. The game isn't very realistic, however. Well, the wrestlers are realistic, but not the funny look that they have on their face every second you play this game. Also, there needs to be more objects included in a specific scene, sometimes, you'll be faced with the TV that only features two wrestlers looking plainly at each other. Come on! Make it look more exciting! I guess detail is the key to good graphics, and Legends of Wrestling II only managed to get the first step. Let's hope the second step will come later.

I don't like this sound, because it sounds too "retro." I don't want an overload of nostagia, thank you very much. Besides that, the music and rapping are sub-par and need to improve. Also, there needs to be a better catchy music in the main menu. I know it's stupid, but first impressions really make huge differences. The crowd is a little too enthusiastic, I struggle to turn down the volume of the TV, but that horrendous sound defeans my ears. You might not be able to quite make out the announcer's words, making it harder to know when he's talking trash or announcing who's the winner. Overall, the sound needs to be improved, a lot.

Scores:
Story: N/A
Replay: Low
Difficulty: Below Average
Fun Factor: Average
Final: 3/10

Legends of Wrestling II is a game that you should only consider renting if you feel the need to release anger. After that, there is absolutely no reason why this game should be considered to add to your collection of video games. I consider it inferior, and you would too, after playing it.

Rating:   1.5 - Bad