Disc cannot be read?

1. My GameCube is in good condition and works perfectly fine with all of my other GC games. My friend recently bought Mario Party 4 from a used game store, and gave it to me, however, whenever I try to play it, the game will run for about 5 seconds, then the disc will stop spinning and I'll get a "Disc cannot be read" error. I tried cleaning the disc, inside to outside, with a cloth and water, followed by drying it off. Doing this let the game run slightly longer, however the error still persisted. Does anyone know any good methods to clean my disc?

By the way, the disc looks perfectly clean and legit. I can barely see any noticeable scratches.

User Info: elliott800

elliott800 - 3 years ago

Answers

1. Personally, I'd get your friends money back. I know Mario Party 4 isn't easy to come by, but if you bought it and it's giving you this much trouble, then clearly the disc is faulty and you'll only have problems later on even if you do find a fix for it. Cleaning discs is kinda tricky, if you don't wanna take it back, then you can always take it somewhere to get it refurbished. Costs maybe $2-5 to get done. It'll clean the disc and remove any light scratches it may have. This method may also not work so I still strongly recommend taking it back and getting your money back.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde - 3 years ago 0   0
  2. It sounds like you've ruled out scratches, the disc being dirty, and the GameCube itself. In that case, the only thing left would be something called "disc rot". Look it up if you don't know what that is and check for it. Unfortunately, you are completely screwed if this is the problem. There is no fixing disc rot. If you don't find disc rot, then it has to be one of those other things.

User Info: Spike

Spike - 3 years ago 0   0