Review by linktotheorigins

Reviewed: 11/04/02 | Updated: 11/04/02

So very disappointing.

You know, I've always been a pretty big fan of the Batman series. When I heard about this game, I thought it sounded quite good, and plus, it came out around a pretty long game shortage(at least ones that I was interested in). So I picked it up, played it.

This is where the game shines the most. Whether its beating up evil hench men or killing poisen Ivy's big... monster.. thing, it is quite fun. But, the cameria could have had a better placement at times, but overall it was pretty well in place. I give it 7 out of 10 for gameplay.

Length

This is the weakest part of the game. At my slowest pace, I beat the game within four hours. This is what really started to tick me off. Its not like I do not like my short and sweet games. I like pikmin, which is a fairly short game. But, this game ends before it begins. If, however, the development team would have made the time playing it more satisfying, then the score would be alot better. For length I give it a 4/10.

Stroy

The story presents itself to be quite entertaining, then it takes a nose dive when you relize how predictable it is. If they had made the storyline more satisfying, it would have earned more than what it got but aparently they didn't feel propted to write up a better storyline. I give it a 5/10 for story.

Graphics

I'm usually quite simpethetic about graphics. I believe that gameplay always matters over graphics, but unfortinately, the graphics are terrible for what I've seen on the GameCube. There is no aparent reason for the graphics to be so bad, and for that, I give it a 5 out of 10 for Graphics.

Sound

This is the best aspect of the game. Not really the games sound, but the voice acting. It features voice acting from the original cartoon including Mark Hamill as The Joker. The voice acting did make the story more interesting(as regular acting makes a movie more interesting). I give it a 8 out of 10.

Replay Value

Now with all this being said, its quite hard to come back to play this game again because of how short and unsatisfying it is. And this is the games lowest point, and so, I give it a 1 out of 10.

Good Time

Well, let me explain to you what 'Good Time' means. This basically means, while I was playing it, if I ran into any horrifying bugs in the game's engine or a unessisary difficult part, I would rate it lower because of this(basically, a frustration grade). I, gladly, did not have much trouble with this game, so I give it a 9 out of 10.

Overall, this is a very dissappoing game, with many things that should have been improved before the release, and for all this, I give it a overall grade of 5.57 out of 10.

Pros:

Good Voice acting, fun gameplay... while it lasts.
Might be more enjoyable for the biggest of Batman fans.

Cons:

Very short.
Graphics are bad.
Stroy unsatisfying.

Moral of this review: Renting comes in handy.

Recap:

Length: 4/10
Replay Value: 1/10
Goodtime: 9/10
Overall: 5.57 out of 10