Review by MT0

Reviewed: 08/25/02 | Updated: 10/23/02

Love Batman? You'll Love This.

Gameplay - 9/10 -

I really love the gameplay here! I felt I had perfect control, and I could utilize my weapons as if I actually were the ''dark knight.'' I felt that with every goon I beat I was actually doing it for real. He has a bunch of combination moves that were easily executed compared to other action games I've played. I loved the way the game went and I enjoyed it throughout.

Story - 9/10 -

I loved the story because it went through a whole bunch of levels and the bosses were all familiar form the series. I knew all of them, and it made me feel more in control of the game. Also, if you love Batman, you'll love the story. It involves a classic storyline from the actual series, and I think you'd clearly enjoy it. However, if you're not a Batman fan, it might not be a good idea for you to go after this game. The action is fantastic, but you need to at least know a little bit about the series to enjoy it at its full potential.

Audio and Video - 10/10 -

The Video here was great. I loved the 3D graphics. It helped me fully explore the Batman world. I loved the way I could go up to a goon, and get him from behind with the handcuffs. I could also knock him unconscious and then use them. Either way, it was fun. The cutscenes were fantastic.
The Audio here is even better! They use voices from the actual animated series. I felt this was definitely a plus. They used the voices from the series that was most popular, and the original in my opinion. It was the art of the original comic, and the voice from the original animation! You can't go wrong here.

Replayability - 8/10 -

This game is only replayable if you're a ''hardcore'' Batman fan. I would re-play it anytime, since I like Batman this much. But if you don't, I'd recommend it might be a good idea to give it a whirl as a rental, and then don't purchase it. Either way though, this game's worth a play.

Buy or Rent - Taste-Dependent -

This is clearly taste-dependent. If you don't like Batman, Rent it. If you love Batman, buy it. It's really only those two options. I'm sure you'll enjoy your experience if you only rent it, and it's really worth a rental.

Final Thoughts

I can't believe this game isn't as popular as it is! I felt this game was nearly perfect in all aspects, and I think that you'll enjoy it from whatever side of the Batman controversy you're on. There's no way to go wrong with this title. Give it a rent!