Review by VideoMaster

Reviewed: 01/18/02 | Updated: 01/18/02

The Dark Knight Comes To Game Cube

If you want my honest opionion, this is the best Batman video game in the history of Batman games. All the way from the humble beginnings of the first Batman game on the NES that came out in about 1989 to the most recent Batman: Vengeance that was released in 2002. One of the things I love about this game is that the developers of this Batman game were actually able to reunite some of the voice actors from the Batman and Robin animated series. Even Mark Hammil has returned as Batman's arch nemesis, or better known as, The Joker. I have never really been a big fan of the Batman games, but, honestly, I loved this game!

Game Play: The controls of the game can be a little hard getting use to at first, but, you'll get the hang of it soon. The controls might be a little confusing at first, but, what game doesn't have confusing controls at first?

Story Line: The story line is pretty good and makes it seem like a Batman episode. Unfortunately, it isn't to original. But, I won't give the story line away to anyone who doesn't own this game yet and would want to wait and be suprised by the story line.

Replay Value: Even though this is a great game, you probably wouldn't find yourself playing this again right after you beat it. I suggest waiting an hour first! hehe

Graphics: The graphics are some of the best I've seen so far for Game Cube. If you think Luigi's Mansion had some great and realistic looking graphics, wait until you play this game! When I first saw The Joker on this game, he actually gave me the creeps! Watch the Joker in the cinematic scene after you save the girl when he's walking away from the destroyed plant.

Music: The music will give it the atmosphere of the animated Batman series.

Overall: I give the game a perfect 10. This is the first game I've given a 10. I see no problems what so ever in this game. Usually, if I see a problem, depending on if it is shows up alot and the game itself isn't enough to overshadow the problem, and if it is still a good game, I usually will give it around an 8 or 9. But, I'm serious! There are no problems I see!

Buy or Rent: If you like Batman, play this game! As always, I think it would be a good idea to actually rent it first to see if you'd like to own it. But, that's one thing you'll have to decide.