Review by Bankshot

Reviewed: 03/22/16

Wind Waker (Gamecube) review

This game was one of my favorites in the Zelda series. It may be from the large world, the charming art style, the music, etc. This may seem like a near perfect game, but there still are flaws in it, like with every game. There are things that seem like they aren't a big deal, and others make me think that they are a big deal. So, enjoy my review and respect my different opinions on the game as a whole.

The first thing I am going to talk about is the art style. This was a great choice by Nintendo because If they would have tried to make it somewhat "realistic" it would have aged badly. Most complained about the graphics "childish." Like a lot of people say, graphics are a bonus, not a feature.

If you someone smart enough to get past the graphics, this game is amazing. The overall exploration of the world is so fun, that you can just sit back, watch the boat sail, and eat a hot pocket. Or, if you want to save some time, you can use the awesome Ballad of Gales, to warp you to certain parts of the over world. This over world offers a similar feeling from the original Legend of Zelda.

Now on to some flaws. The absolute biggest flaw in this game is the lack of dungeons. After finishing the wind temple I was just like, "are you serious?" This alone makes this game only four stars in my opinion. I heard that Nintendo cut a few dungeons to make a deadline. This is the biggest flaw in my opinion and with those added dungeon I would have rated it higher.

This isn't so much of a flaw as it is a disappointment. There were two cool islands taken out of the game that I thought would be very cool. One of these was Stovepipe Island. This is a giant volcano island that could have easily housed a dungeon. There could have been steam and lava puzzles for this island and that would have made up one of the missing dungeons. Another island was a Gamecube island. This wouldn't be needed, but as the name tells, it is shaped like e a Gamecube. This could of had a mini dungeon or some treasure.

The last thing that I didn't hate, but it wasn't highlight. The infamous Triforce fetch quest. Some think this is a waste of time, but it still helped me find new places by sailing around. So I don't think this is a bad part of the game, it just isn't that fun.

Overall, The Wind Waker is a fun, charming game that is more than worth your time. But, of course this game isn't for everyone, because people have different opinions. Thank you for reading my review, and once again, please respect my opinions.

Product Release: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (US, 03/24/03)

Would you recommend this