How do I learn how to parry?

1. I'm at the part where Link is with the swordmaster, I don't know
    how to parry. I pushed the L and A like it says on the screen, but it doesn't work!!

User Info: ronydi

ronydi - 9 years ago

1. Get your sword out, and remember you must HOLD L, which targets Orca(the swordmaster). Now, you need to wait. After you've targeted him, stay within about 3 or 4 feet of him, he will eventually twitch his spear, which is a practice attack he tries to hit you with. You'll notice the green A button on the screen will change to a spiked circle, Links sword will flash, and you should hear some alerting noise going off. This is the exact time you need to press A. If done correctly, Link will perform a parry attack. Depending on what kind of attack the enemy does(a horizontal or vertical swing of their weapon), Link will either slide behind the enemy and strike from behind or jump over the enemy slashing their head in the process. Parry's work on most enemies, most likely ones with weapons. I highly suggest practicing this technique as it will prove useful to even the last moments of the game.

User Info: dourid

dourid - 9 years ago 2   0