Review by Basket Case

Reviewed: 03/10/02 | Updated: 03/10/02

Simple Way to Pass Time

Intro

Although the concept of this game is a simple one (kill all the mice), it is challenging, and fun. It takes the basic concept of the classic, Lemmings, but gives it a dose of The Simpsons. I find myself playing it for hours, but tend to turn it off as soon as I get to the higher levels. The game starts off fairly easy so that you can get the hang of it, and it doesn't take long to find out how to get the mice to the traps. But when you move further into the game some of the levels are near impossible. I soon become too frustrated to remember that the game is supposed to be fun. So all in all, the game is good for the first few levels.

This game is easy to control. It's not a fighting game so there's no complicated combos or anything like that. It's just move forward, jump, and drop the brick. It runs smoothly and quickly, which is essential with a portable game, when you have to stare at that tiny screen.

Graphics

The graphics are what you would expect from Game Boy. Not a lot of detail, but instead more cartoony, which is perfect for a game based on The Simpsons. The graphics are good, but the character design isn't all that great. Krusty doesn't look anything like he does in the show (a fat, angry, drunken clown), but instead like something that is from a Kid's Afternoon Special. That big goofy smile on his face makes me wonder if the makers of this game have ever watched The Simpsons. He is also a lot thinner (which is the same with Homer). But apart from that, the graphics are easy to see, and make the game a lot better to play.

Audio

I don't consider the audio a major part of a game. The sound in this game sounds fine to me, considering there's only one voice-clip (when Krusty yells ''Hey Hey'' at the beginning). The sound effects also sound fine. As a cartoon game sound effects don't have to sound real, they're supposed to sound funny, and this is what Krusty's fun house does.

Conclusion

Overall, this game is a lot of fun to play, and I always find myself playing it over and over again, trying to find out how to beat the next level. It's one of those games that makes you think strategically. I would recommend buying this game, as a way to pass your time when all your other games are boring.