Review by hero of time 43

Reviewed: 10/05/02 | Updated: 01/23/03

One of the not so good DD games

Not a very good start to the series, I bought Double Dragon because it only cost five dollars. But the more I play the game, the more I think it isn't even worth that.

Besides the two player mode, there is only one of the two brothers in the game, making you think that this game should have a different name. You're out to save your girlfriend from the bad guys. It's a very short game, and there's probably not even enough time for a plot to develop.

The characters look very plain. How plain? Well, you can't tell the difference between a man and a woman. You can pick items up and use them on the bad guys for a certain amount of time, and you may not be able to tell what you're using to defend yourself.

I can stand about five minutes of music from this game, then i have to turn it off, it's just the annoying.

You punch your enemy with the A button. As you close in on the punk you can grab him by the head and flip him over[cool, huh?] You kick with the B button, as you close in with about 2 kicks you can grab him by the head and kick him a few more times or flip him over with the A button. You can hit the A and B button at the same time and hit the direction you want to go. This is your jump and your kick. It is the worst move of the game, as it is hard to perform. You can also pick up weapons such as a box to throw at an enemy. Other weapons, such as a baseball bat are dropped at a certain point.

Ok, so you have just beaten the four missions of the game, so what is there to do now? Not a whole lot. The first 3 missions aren't too hard, but the fourth takes a little skill and patience. Trying to find new ways to kill the bad guys can add a little time to the Play Time of this game. But no matter how you look at, the game isn't worth a whole lot more than 3 hours of fun.

Possible Scores:

Replay: 8
Control: 19

Score: 42/100

GameFaqs Score: 4.2

Unless you're an absolute Double Dragon freak or you find this game for a very very low price, I'd steer clear from this game.