Larger board size (16x16 instead of 8x8) mode available?

1. I played the Demo on the Xbox 360 for a bit.

I finished all the quests in the first town, then selected Quick Battle under the normal difficulty.

I selected a few monsters to the right, something like goblin king rat swarm. I remember seeing rats and a swarm in the icon, but there was more to it than that, and I did not encounter the creature during the initial quests.

When the battle began, I noticed the board size was much bigger, and the icons were smaller. I liked the idea of some battles having a bigger board, it seemed interesting to me.
    I tried getting into that mode again, later, but hero's were not saved in the free trial, and that monster was not available without going through some of the quests.

The Xbox 360 has it's own plethora of interface problems, and text can be hard to read. I don't want that version. I looked at the screenshots of the Dual Screen, and noticed that they layout was very different.

My question is: What monsters do you fight to get the larger board size?
    Does this mode exist on the Dual Screen? If Yes, how is the interface? Is are the icons too small and more likely to hit the wrong one, or do you have to switch to d-pad and a and b buttons?

This is what I want to know to answer my personal question of, get Puzzle Quest 2 for the DS, with the stylus interface, or get it for the PC, when it comes out at the end of this month?

User Info: kuvuplan

kuvuplan - 10 years ago

1. There is no larger board size in the DS version. The PC version will probably be the best.

User Info: HTMurgatroyd

HTMurgatroyd - 10 years ago 0   0