Final Combined Team with pokemon platinum version?

1. I have already completed pokemon platinum and I am now playing through pokemon soulsilver.
    Since both of these games are gen 4, I thought it would be fun to make a team with the pokemon that are the strongest (and that I like) from both games. However I cannot decide for the last few pokemon of this team.
    I already decided on:

Garchomp, (I already have one with good IV's and EV's to be a physical sweeper)
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Hasty
    Moveset:
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Stone Edge

Infernape, (as a physical Sweeper)
    Moveset:
    - Swords Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake

Lugia, (as Special Sweeper)
    Moveset:
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Aeroblast
    - Earth Power / Shadow Ball

Suicune,
    Moveset:
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

This leaves 2 empty places. Note that I don't really care about HM's since I will probably carry an HM slave around when traversing the map: This team has its focus more on battling.
    To fill the last 2 places I have been thinking about these pokemons:

Scizor? (or maybe even Heracross eventhough I already have a fighting type)
    Articuino or Weaville?
    Zapdos or Raiku or Electivire?
    weaville or Drapion or Tyranitar? (Although I think tyranitar would fit horribly in my currrent team due to it's sand stream ability)
    Roserade?
    Aggron or Dialka?
    Giratina?

I know this is quite a big question, but thanks in advance.
    Oh, and, if you have any remarks about the pokemon/movesets I have already decided on feel free to share them! :)

User Info: Mike1109

Mike1109 - 3 weeks ago
  2. You have a good Garchomp, but it's too bad the nature is Hasty. Jolly would be better since it doesn't compromise its Defense.

Infernape would get more bang from Flare Blitz, assuming you're prepared to eat the recoil.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad - 3 weeks ago
  3. For Garchomp, breeding took very long, and eventually when I got one who had max IV's for both attack and speed with a nature that didnt hinder either attack or speed and boosted one of those stats I counted my eggs, I didnt feel like spending months to better its health and defenses since its purpose is to outspeed and one hit KO anyway.

As for Infernape, I had been doubting between fire punch and flare blitz but ultimately I decided that when I would take a pokemon down with lots of hp it wouldn't kill my infernape as well. Do you think flare blitz is the better move? As I believe you have more experience actually using it.

Also another pokemon I thought might fit in nicely: Bastiodon? As I have only one "dedicated" defender in the team (suicune) and even gave it more sweeper potential deducting from it's defending capabilities. So I think a bulky pokemon would contribute a lot in this team.

User Info: Mike1109

Mike1109 - 3 weeks ago
  4. Garchomp: Fair enough. Everstone didn't guarantee the nature back in Gen 4's breeding mechanics.

Infernape: High HP opponents like Blissey and Wailord are more likely to be victims of Close Combat. IMO it's better to obliterate the target and take a little recoil than to leave them standing and take a counterattack. 120 BP versus 75. Flare Blitz is 80% stronger compared than Fire Punch.

Bastiodon would be interesting. As long as you avoid its double weaknesses you should be able to tank stuff with it. Blissey is also surprisingly bulky. Maximize her defense (Bold, 252 EVs) and she can take just about anything that's not Close Combat, Head Smash, or High Jump Kick.

You could also experiment with screen-setters, a Stealth Rock user, or something with U-Turn. At the end of the day though, if it's for in-game, go ahead and use your favorites.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad - 3 weeks ago
  5. about Infernape, yea you are right, I will teach it flare blitz.

as for bastiodon, I will probably give it this moveset:
    - Iron Defense
    - Metal burst
    - Rest
    - Toxic
    With maxed out sp.def EV's and a few Iron Defenses it should be an inpenetrable wall once its 4x effective enemies are gone and it should still be able to take a few 4x effective hits after it is set up. I will combine him with a lugia since he is 4x resistand to fight attacks and immune to ground attacks. I will give him the following moveset (so he wont be able to sweep anymore):
    - Reflect
    - Aeroblast
    - Toxic
    - Roost

I have by now also deicded that I will use Dialga as entry with the following moveset:
    - Stealth Rock
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Fire blast

User Info: Mike1109

Mike1109 - 3 weeks ago
  6. Also, I really hate Blissey and basically everyone using it, so it would be against all my morals to use it :P

User Info: Mike1109

Mike1109 - 3 weeks ago