My game keeps crashing right when I hit continue, completely legit game and DS, How do I fix it?

1. I've been really into Pokemon Heartgold, playing it non stop for the past few days. But now when I hit continue, the Music plays really quietly, and the screen just stays black, doesn't go to the gameplay even after hours. The game loads just fine when I hit new game, but this problem persists when I hit continue. Please help me with this, I don't want to end up having to delete my save file!

User Info: Triple-A

Triple-A - 2 weeks ago

1. It could just be a badly damaged or dirty cartridge, however it could also indicate a bootleg game.

User Info: Aiolia

Aiolia - 2 weeks ago 1   0
  2. I've cleaned the game card to no avail. And I've checked Thoroughly for signs that it's a bootleg, and I am pretty sure It isn't a bootleg, how can I tell if it's badly damaged?

User Info: Triple-A

Triple-A - 2 weeks ago