What's wrong with the stupid mic/spirit flute?

1. I'm at ocean sanctuary right now and more than ever the mic is giving me crap. i blow into the mic to play the flute, but it comes out in waves, and screws up the song so it doesn't work. i tried blowing, using my voice at different tones, everything, it still doesn't work. i've been doing this for HOURS.

god nintendo really screwed this up, they shouldn't leave stupid things like this in the game.

User Info: ToonLink64

ToonLink64 - 8 years ago
  2. Additional Details:
    i tried blowing softly, but it wouldn't pick up. i tried hard, it lasted longer, but still came in waves. i tried it on 3 DIFFERENT DS'S and it still had no different results.

on a second note though, does the play have to be ABSOLUTELY perfect to work, or can i have like one error and it would still work. if so, then this'll take a long time.

User Info: ToonLink64

ToonLink64 - 8 years ago

1. Relax and try to do one soft long blow, and if you need to skip over a note, stop and repeat. Try with the microphone about half the distance you'd normally play. It works for me. If it doesn't work, try it a bit closer/farther. I know some people who can do it with quick blows on each note but thats hard. o.o I don't think it has to be ABSOLUTELY perfect, on the ocean sanctuary song, I messed up once, but I still did it. So the key is to relax, long soft blows, and experiment with different ways! =P Hope I helped!

User Info: Draikonack

Draikonack - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Just because you're struggling doesn't make it a stupid addition. Most people are handling the spirit flute sections without any trouble at all. I never had a problem with any of the songs at all. I find that most people who are struggling with this either have the microphone too close to their face, are blowing too hard, or both.

User Info: wilco64256

wilco64256 (Expert) - 8 years ago 1 1
  2. Change the distance you're blowing at. Too close or far will screw your playing up.

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. If you've tried it on different DSes, I'm guessing the problem is with your blowing angle. I thought you were supposed to hold the DS up to your face so your eyes are resting on the bottom screen and you're huffing into the top of the microphone. Actually, you are supposed to hold it at an angle so that you can still see both screens and are blowing across the side of the microphone. Think of how you would play a flute.

If you get the angle right, then as long as the different pan pipes "register" (you can see if they do by whether they flash with the correct colour as you blow into the mic), the timing of the song really doesn't matter at all.

User Info: baratron

baratron - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. Apparently, a lot of people move their head while playing. Try not to if you are doing this.

User Info: Neoconkers

Neoconkers - 8 years ago 0 0