How do I get found 100% not guilty?

1. I always seem to get at least one or two bad things... I know:
    ~I AM NOT supposed to try to sell the pendant
    ~I AM NOT supposed to move while she buys candy
    ~I AM NOT supposed to eat that old guy's food
    ~I AM supposed to save the cat
    ~I AM supposed to check on her before the pendant

but what else? It seems like she's supposed to "run into" Crono, rather than Crono walking into her, but I can't seem to make that happen.

User Info: HitokiriFyre

HitokiriFyre - 10 years ago
  2. ""4) Talk to the girl first and then save cat = Guilty (probably a mistake, but this is what happens)""

Can somebody clarify for accuracy?

User Info: DaMasterFighter

DaMasterFighter - 10 years ago

1. The first few bits are correct.
    1. At the fair DO NOT try to sell the pendant at the fair
    2. At the fair DO NOT move while Marle buys candy at the fair
    3. At the fair DO NOT eat the old guy's food at the fair
    4. At the fair DO save the little girls cat at the fair
    5. At the fair DO check on Marle first, then pick up her pendant
    This last bit is what is most likely screwing you (and many others) up.
    6. During the trial say YOU started it, NOT Marle (she only bumps into you because YOU are moving). Remember. Honesty is the best policy.

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 10 years ago 18   2

Answers

1. taiga has it right, the 2nd (or was it 5th?) juror is always glitched and isn't dependant on what actions you do or what you say...I suggest saving as soon as before you get to the trial, but I guess that would be too much trouble, unless you really want the extra eithers.

User Info: DaMasterFighter

DaMasterFighter - 10 years ago 2   0
  2. The second juror is glitched, but you can still get 100% by bringing the girl her cat back before talking to her, or not talking to/helping her at all, lol.

User Info: PhantmX

PhantmX - 10 years ago 2   0
  3. Easiest way I've found is to just say you started it (Doesnt count against you)
    Return the girls cat to her.
    Say her fortune did not tempt you. In all my playthroughs I almost always have all the jurors on the not guilty side of the room

User Info: Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson - 10 years ago 1   0
  4. For the "~I AM supposed to save the cat" piece:

1) Talk to the girl and don't save the cat = Guilty vote
    2) Don't talk to girl and don't save the cat = Innocent
    3) Don't talk to the girl first and save cat = Innocent
    4) Talk to the girl first and then save cat = Guilty (probably a mistake, but this is what happens)

You might be doing #4.

User Info: LordOfDabu

LordOfDabu - 10 years ago 1   0
  5. It doesnt really matter, since you'll go to jail anyway.

User Info: stephen7493

stephen7493 - 10 years ago 2   1
  6. I've gotten all not guilty before. There was NEVER a calculation glitch, everyone's just missed one factor.

When she asks to join, SAY NO the first time. Then it WILL be her starting it. I've tried taking blame for "starting it", and that's always netted me one guilty vote.

So in review:
    - Return the cat. (And to clarify the issue there, make sure you talk to her after returning it. The game does NOT count it unless she thanks you for saving her cat, which is the problem everyone's raising.)
    - Don't steal the chicken.
    - Check on her before taking the pendant.
    - When she asks you to take her along, say no the first time. This allows you to say that it was her fault, and the Chancellor will immediately go to "No further questions".
    - Do not try to sell her pendant.
    - Do not move when she is buying candy.

User Info: RPG_Wizard

RPG_Wizard - 10 years ago 1   0
  7. I believe there was a calculation glitch in the original game that prevented, or at least made it very, very hard to get 100% not-guilty.

It would appear it has not been fixed. You're doing everything right, so don't hold your breath for that second juror to change his mind.

User Info: taiga

taiga - 10 years ago 2   2
  8. I was found not guilty by all the jurors, so it is possible, at least in this version. Unfortunately there are few textual differences between the guilty verdict and the not guilty verdict, so there's not much need to strive for one or the other.

The only actions I took that are not previously mentioned are to refuse Melchior when he tried to get me to sell Marle's pendant and to play the drinking game twice.

User Info: Windfolk

Windfolk - 10 years ago 0   0
  9. ""4) Talk to the girl first and then save cat = Guilty (probably a mistake, but this is what happens)"

Can somebody clarify for accuracy?"

I'm not sure if it's true in this version, but what it implies is that if you talk to the girl before you save the cat, it counts against you (whether you save the cat later or not). So your safe bet is to save the cat BEFORE you talk to the girl.

As for the rest, you need to confess that you started it (just man up and admit fault that you have to advance the story), and say you weren't tempted by her fortune. I've gotten all innocent votes (SNES included) doing this all the time.

User Info: GoeTeeks

GoeTeeks (Expert) - 10 years ago 0   0
  10. Don't steal the food, try to sale the pendant when asked, run away when Marle is buying candy.
    Do check Marle before getting the pendant and take the kitten to the little girl, she helps with the second juror.
    when asked who's falt it is say yours because you bumped into her.
    I get all not guilty every time.

User Info: japon68

japon68 - 10 years ago 0   6