How do I beat (That crab looking thing at the Lighthouse)?

1. I have tried about 13 times now, I just can't beat it...

is there a weapon that can hurt this thing? tried electricity and it didn't work either

:( Halp!

User Info: Ebian

Ebian - 10 years ago

1. Well, there are a few easy tricks to beat him. First off, I've always used the throwing axes for him, as honestly, you can him him from pretty much anywhere with them. Aside from that, you need only dodge his attacks, and the fight becomes a joke. He has really only 3 major attacks.

Attack one: Bubbles. Wherever you're standing at the time, he will blow bubbles. The easiest trick here si to be standing on either the pper right or upper left edges of the combat area. When you see him 'wind up' for the bubbles - its a notable delay, and one of the only times he ever turns his head - head over to the other side. The bubbles are breakable, so if you're feeling adventurous, feel free to pop them, though usually I use the time to simply axe the tar out of him.

Attack two: Claw swipe. This one here's the only one that's a real pain. basically, he'll wind up by sizing you for his claw, slowly bringing it to the upper left of the screen before bringing it back down to smash up there where he was clicking earlier. There are two tactics I used here. A) Since I favoured the upper left corner for the entire fight, I let the claw come close as he was sizing me up, and hammered him with glyph union axes - axe axe, axe element, whatever you feel like using really - then, when he brought his claw down, I made a mad dash for the upper left corner - via running in stage 1 of the fight, jumping/Magnes-ing for stages 2 and 3 of the fight. B) Same as the first pretty much, cept that I hid in the lower left rather than upper right.

Attack three: Aimed Claw. When he uses this, he will rear back and SHKAW at you, so its pretty obvious it's coming. For this attack, he will give you about 2 seconds to position yourself where you want to be before he starts flurrying his claw against that spot/roof. What I found exceptionally useful was getting myself into the upper right corner - be it by running over there in stage 1, or jumping/Magnes-ing in stages 2 and 3. Then, when he clicks his claw to attack, make a dash for the lower left corner if you can. You should be able to avoid his attack that way.

The entire time, you should be throwing axes whenever available, as its impossible to miss, and if timed right, one axe can hit his claw AND the body to basically do 2x the damage per effort.

Finally, after he gets to the top with you, he will start spamming bubbles straight up at the elevator. Basically this part is just fluff. you can jump up through a crack and get onto the elevator. once there, press down on the D-Pad, and the elevator will come down, delivering a very satisfying death scene. hope this helps.

Note: By Axes, I mean Ascia, just for clarification.

User Info: Warrior_Senshi

Warrior_Senshi - 10 years ago 4   1

1. Honestly, it took me dozens of times to beat that sucker. but basically, you should equip the Axe and Torpor glyphs and spam the hell out of them.

Keep yourself on the lower right platform and just pay attention to his routine of attacks. It's easy once you know how he moves and attacks. Just spam your weapons on that lower right platform, avoiding the bubbles by using Magnes.

It's tough, but it's worth it once you get to the top. I won't spoil it, but it's a great way to end that magnificent boss fight.

User Info: 420addict

420addict - 10 years ago 2   0
  2. It's very simple once you've gotten used to it, use double macir and this battle shouldn't be too hard, I got my medal for this battle in one or two tries (if your going for it, just remember that the last time it turns red, crouching in the left corner isn't safe, I'm not sure what hits you but you do take damage).

User Info: nosmoke20

nosmoke20 - 10 years ago 2   0
  3. Keep on attacking him and lead him up the tower, then use the elevator. If you need more help, read a FAQ.

User Info: Dark_spiri_bass

Dark_spiri_bass - 10 years ago 1   1