Review by IAznDragonI Yan

Reviewed: 10/06/08

Is this the Butterfly Effect all over again? I think not!

When I first played this game, I did not expect it to be this good. The presentation of the game is outstanding. It gets right to the point. It's story makes you want to find out what happens next. Very addicting story if I may say so myself. In my opinion, this game may even be better than the Phoenix Wright series even though it is a short game.

Story:
The game is about a 16 year old boy named Ethan Kairos. His life was normal until his 17th birthday where his parents disappeared all of a sudden and you receive a green pen called the Hollow Pen. This pen is used to open up time holes to change things in the past which would affect the present. Upon doing so, Ethan sees flashbacks of what changes have been made which is similar to the movie Butterfly Effect. You must find out where your parents are and why you have the pen. By the end of the game, you will be asking yourself questions or be confused. That's what these time travel stories do. Leave you confused and asking questions.
8/10

Characters:
There is only a handful of characters who are significant to the story. You will be surprised as to who you meet in this game.
8/10

Music:
Music composed by Konami?! I think I like that! The music for this game is rather creepy most of the time and suspenseful at certain points. It kinda reminds you of the music from Resident Evil or even Silent Hill.
9/10

Gameplay:
This game is a text based adventure game similar to Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright though not a wall of text since you do go from place to place to speak with characters, find things, or even open up time holes to change something in the past. Just be aware that there is a limit of how many times you can open up time holes with your Hollow Pen. Luckily, each chapter refills it to the max and you can find green balls of energy called Chrons scattered throughout town which also refills the limit. You must find clues and information to a flashback such as date, time, and place before the pen glows at the place you want to open a time hole. It is nearly impossible to be stuck in this game. As long as you check every place and talk to everybody, you can advance in the story.
7/10

Final Score: 9/10

Product Release: Time Hollow (US, 09/23/08)

Would you recommend this