How do I beat Dr.Lugae 2?

1. I know that this ? has been asked , but i need to know if there is a better way to beat him,

User Info: VMANUEL

VMANUEL - 11 years ago
  2. Is it just me, or does his recovery gets stronger the more times he uses it? It starts from about less than 500 damage to go up to more than 1500 damage the 4th time he used it. I'm quite pissed. All my characters are even above level 35. It seems like there's no other way to beat him other than the elixir method, unless your level is extremely high i reckon. 0_0

User Info: oblivionz309

oblivionz309 - 10 years ago

Answers

1. When he comes up and uses reversal gas, healing items and magic cause damage, while any regular attacks heal.

When he uses it just set the first person to use Elixir, and game over.
    (it could take 2 max, if i got the hp wronge, he has 9058 hp.
    Or just tell Rosa to dualcast Curaga, or Cura him. (if you don't have dualcast, then just cast it) while the rest uses items to cause damage,or hitting each other to heal.

User Info: Deidon

Deidon - 11 years ago 3   1
  2. Use a Elixir as soon as he uses Reversal Gas. Then have Rosa Dualcast two Curagas. Battle over.

User Info: Gengar_OU

Gengar_OU - 11 years ago 3   1
  3. It takes 2 elixirs to kill him.

User Info: RedSwordMage

RedSwordMage - 11 years ago 3   1
  4. Everybody seems to forget that you may have missed the two Elixirs possible at this point or already used them. I see a lot of Dualcast and Elixirs, but he may not have either of them.

If you do not have Elixirs or Dualcast, you are in for a hard fight. When Dr. Lugae uses Reversal Gas, cast Cura/Curaga on him with Rosa. Have Yang keep focusing for when he uses Reversal Gas again. Once he does, attack with Yang to do some good damage. He's weak to Thunder, so summon Ramah with Rydia to deal around 4000 damage.

If your party is low, and Reversal Gas is on, have Rydia cast a powerful spell on everyone to recover their HP. Also, if Cecil has Counter, this is the perfect way to heal your party. A party member can attack Cecil, and he will counter with his attack on them.

User Info: DancingCalca

DancingCalca (Expert) - 10 years ago 2   0
  5. Same as everyone else:
    Use some Elixirs and Curaga. (Or Cura if for some reason you don't have Curaga)

User Info: DynamicJumpIuff

DynamicJumpIuff - 10 years ago 3   2
  6. ^ To survive restore, have Counter on Cecil and attack him with a character. Cecil will heal, but he will also Counter attack the character that hit him, thus healing their health as well. By attacking my party between off-times, I was able to stay alive. Like I said, it was a hard fight.

User Info: DancingCalca

DancingCalca (Expert) - 10 years ago 1   0
  7. I agree with the statements above about using curing spells on him when he uses Reversal Gas. What most people forget is that he sometimes casts it again at the worst possible time, like when your about to either use Curaga on him or attack all your people with a spell. He likes to use healing spells on you, so if you cast Reflect on yourself, he will take damage from his own attack. Also, if he does use Reversal Gas again, just have Rydia start summoning Ramuh to deal massive damage. Also have Kain jump a few times to dodge some of the harder hitting attacks and hit other allies to heal them. But this may take you a few tries in order to get lucky with the attack pattern.

User Info: Flaming_Fire619

Flaming_Fire619 - 10 years ago 1   0
  8. When the boss uses the reversal gas quickly use your elixirs on him

User Info: darkdragon9

darkdragon9 - 10 years ago 1   1
  9. ^ Incorrect. On my first playthrough, I was your levels and had no elixirs. It was a hell of a hard fight, but I managed to cast Curaga on him when reversal was on, and I was summoning Ramah while it wasn't on. Trust me, you can beat him without the elixir method, but it's tough.

User Info: DancingCalca

DancingCalca (Expert) - 10 years ago 0   0
  10. Yeah, but how do you survive his recovery?? That's the thing I'm annoyed at. Even when I casted Shell and Protect on my whole party during the start, it has absolutely no effect when he uses it. And like I said, it keeps increasing in damage the more he uses it till he can take more than half of your character's lifes. Fyi, my Rydia and Rosa were level 38 and the other 3 were above level 40.

User Info: oblivionz309

oblivionz309 - 10 years ago 0   0
  11. I had counter on cecil and had yang attack him to keep them healthy. Lydia used her magic on my team while Rosa healed him. It is a hard fight but eveutnaully you can beat him.

User Info: tiger002

tiger002 - 10 years ago 0   0
  12. I have a manner where he can't harm you at all. When he has castet reversal gas have rydia summon the litle white guy and when you turn back he will be reversed and you not and in the oposite way too. Because he is set to use attacks when you are not reversed and healing magick when you are reversed he will just keep healing you and you can just plan your attacks to damage him a lot.

User Info: Anubis68

Anubis68 - 10 years ago 0   0
  13. I beat him when i stuck to the stratagy of Deidon until i realized i had an elixer and the I wiped him out before he killed my last guy

User Info: Livefreeor

Livefreeor - 10 years ago 0   0
  14. Have Cecil cast Shell and Protect. I don't think there's a way those can be reversed. Then, have Kain use an Elixir on Dr. Lugae. This will take out 9999 damage. If you don't want to use another Elixir, then have Rosa cats Curaja on him. (If you don't have Curaja, cats Curaga). When Rydia's turn comes around, cast an -aga spell on your whole party.

That should kill him pretty fast.

User Info: pokemonynstyn

pokemonynstyn - 10 years ago 0   0
  15. When the boss uses the reversal gas quickly use your elixirs on him

User Info: darkdragon9

darkdragon9 - 10 years ago 0   1
  16. When you're not that high of a level, it can really hurt. Give Yang a thundershard and have him focus 3 times, then wait till he uses reverse gas and takes reverse off of everyone and attack. Do that a couple of times and he'll go down, Yang is pretty strong. If everyone is reversed then have your characters attack themselves in order to stay alive. You can try to keep Kain out of danger by using jump. If you're still having trouble, try leveling a little bit. Even a few levels can make a difference.

User Info: occupation_bob

occupation_bob - 10 years ago 0   2