Are metal slime spawn rates and critical chance rates correlated?

1. Okay so I've been grinding in grottoes for a long time now, all my four party members are lvl 99 in their main vocations and have maxed out all the skillsets of each vocation to 100 (minus the weapons.) I've noticed that, using Thunder thrust and Hatchet man doesn't present a 50/50 chance. My armamentalist, Zaforre, gets a 1/6 critical chance when king metal slimes spawn a lot on a grotto level, and his hatchet man deflects most of the time. However, he manages to K.O most of the king metal slimes when they spawn rarely on the same level, in the same grotto. I know that spawn rates are more or less fixed, but it doesn't seem to be that way. Even if it is, there's something off with the critical chance thing. Zaforre isn't the only one with this problem, my sage, Eymma, also has the same thing.
    I don't change their armour or anything. I run them in the same loadout every time.

Any idea why this happens? Or am I psychologically just going nuts? Because I'm pretty sure I can see the difference.

User Info: Corvus_29

Corvus_29 - 4 weeks ago

1. No, spawn rates and deftness don't correlate.

You may be seeing this difference due to Metal King Slimes having a 4% evasion rate.

User Info: Gradis

Gradis (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 0   0
  2. Though on the other hand, deftness increases the chance for pre-emptive strikes; so whilst you're out farming for exp you might want to keep this in mind. (Also encounter from behind for a +10% pre-emptive chance).

User Info: Gradis

Gradis - 4 weeks ago