Can you get National Pokemon before getting the National Dex (Sinnoh)?

1. I want to use eevee as part of my main team for Shining Pearl, but I know it's a national dex pokemon.
    Can it be traded to me BEFORE I officially have the national dex?

User Info: KawaiiAstrid

KawaiiAstrid - 2 weeks ago

1. Yes, you can. In the new Grand Underground, there are some Pokemon that are not in the Sinnoh Dex that you can obtain even before obtaining the National Dex, as well as the Mew and Jirachi you can obtain in Floroma Town from having Sword and Shield and Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee save files. So you should be able to be traded a non-Sinnoh Dex Pokemon as well.

User Info: opalpikachu13

opalpikachu13 - 5 days ago 2   1

Answers

1. Yes, you should be able to trade any Pokemon over that appears in either dex, even if they are National dex exclusive and you do not have it yet. The only thing National Dex really does is unlock entries for those Pokemon as well as make certain Pokemon available in the wild once you get it. It does not stop you from trading over these Pokemon. This is how it works in Sword and Shield and there is no reason to think it wouldn't work in BDSP as well.

Also, Eevee is not a National Dex mon. You can find it in the Trophy Garden as well as receive one from Bebe. This should also prove true for the remakes. Also, from a dev point of view, it doesn't make sense for Eevee to only be National Dex since Sinnoh introduced Leafeon and Glaceon. It would be counterproductive really.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde (Expert) - 2 weeks ago 0   4
  2. First of all, you're far better off waiting until the games have officially come out and asking this in their Q&A Section when it gets created (or, if you want to know this kind of information sooner, go at the topics I'll link below).

Second of all, in relation to what Johnathan said: no, unfortunately, the Eevee line in BDSP will be gated off behind obtaining the National Dex, but you likely can indeed trade for it even before then.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/314255-pokemon-brilliant-diamond/79750576
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/314255-pokemon-brilliant-diamond/79753878

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 - 2 weeks ago
  3. That is, of course, unless they change the Sinnoh Dex list in a patch.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 - 2 weeks ago
  4. It should also be noted that Eevee was in the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum. It was not so in Diamond and Pearl, hence why it is not there in BDSP. Trading is a viable way to get it prior though.

User Info: omegaGogeta

omegaGogeta - 1 week ago