Review by Dauragon C Mikado88

Reviewed: 06/20/02 | Updated: 07/01/02

Wow! What a fun typing game...

Typing of The Dead is the newest addition to the House Of The Dead series, and I must say, it's quite a fine add-on! The objective here is to defeat all those flesh eating zombies, but not with a gun, but with a keyboard! This is the most fun it can get if you have a Dreamcast keyboard, and good typing skills.

NOTE : To play this game, you need a Dreamcast Keyboard.

Story 10/10
Yep. Same story as House Of The Dead 2 had. Just the main basic thing is you’re with a keyboard. If you don't know the story, here it is: The year is around 2000. 2 years after the strange Curian Mansion case. Now the streets are infested with zombies. It's your mission to stop these zombies, and stop whose behind it. Type or Die...

Graphics 9/10
The graphics are very good in this game! No major change over from House of the Dead 2 but...it's much better than the graphics you saw in House of the Dead

Control Make Your own Rating!
All right. This is everything gets very...interesting...Now. Control all depends on your typing speeds (this is a First-Person shooter, so you don't have to move) if you are a slow typer, most likely, your going to get killed. The faster you are, the most likely you will survive. Slow typer? Not a problem! This game offers many drills to push those typing skills to the limit! Once you’re a master typer, this game just got a whole lot funnier!

Game Play 10/10
This game is probably one of the funniest games ever! I always enjoyed typing on the computer and such, so I always wondered for a game that involves typing and your speed for your survival. When I picked up this game, I was amazed on how fun it could be. It's great getting rated on how fast you type. It's good for those also who wish to improve on typing, (Wow, a game that may have value on your outside life!)

Replay Value 10/10
There are plenty of goodies that are there once you beat the game...The major one is just brushing up on your typing! Though most replay values are that same as House of the Dead 2 which is fine with me.

Recommendations
There’s plenty other House of the Dead games if you enjoyed this one. If not already, pick up House of The Dead 2 if you want to use a gun to kill all of those zombies. If you want to play a good original that started it all. Pick up House of the Dead the game that started it all.

Rent Or Buy
If you enjoy all that typing on your computer, Buy this game, I can almost guarantee this game should be pretty interesting to you, and a challenge for your awesome typing skills. If you are a bit slow in typing, you might want to rent this game first, to brush up, then go for the real deal if you like it.

Final Words
As said before, Typing of the Dead can be your best friend, or your worst nightmare. It all depends on your advantages on the keyboard. It's a great manipulative, use it well...It could save your life. This is one of those extremely rare games you come across. It's one of those that score very high on standards.