Is there a time limit to finish the game? Or can i play as many days as I want?

1. I want to master all my moves, and just play the game as long as I can. I noticed that a lot of days can go by if you are caught by the security guards trying to sneak in warehouse 8, and that something happens if you end up months later trying to get in. Other than that, is there a cap on the time??

User Info: megamanDJ

megamanDJ - 9 years ago

1. Shenmue can be played until April 15, 1987, at which point you will get the game's alternate "bad ending."

User Info: Coinshot

Coinshot - 9 years ago 3   0

Answers

1. My math might be way off since I've gotten really rusty but I'll try to answer your question

1. The game starts at November 29, 1986 and requires you to complete it before April 15, 1987 which is a total of 137 in game days

2. The game runs on a 24 hour clock but Ryo can normally only stay active between 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM with a full hour passing a little slower than a minute making a full day end in 15 minutes in real time

3. If we multiply the amount of minutes given to you per day, you get a total of 2055 minutes which converts to 34 Hours and 15 Minutes

In total, the game gives you approximately 1 day , 10 Hours, and 15 Minutes in real world time to beat the game before you supposedly run out of time but there are several situations that can cause time to skip ahead from just a few in game hours to a few in game days.

User Info: GorillaGD

GorillaGD - 8 years ago 1   0
  2. I think there is a time limit but as long as you don't finish all of the requirements in the game then you're ok to level up.

User Info: localmoco808

localmoco808 - 9 years ago 0   0