Review by DreThug

Reviewed: 12/28/99 | Updated: 12/28/99

The First RPG for Dreamcast is a hit!

On Christmas morning, I got four games and my brother got two (Along with a lot of other stuff). One of the games my brother got was Evolution. I was making fun of him for getting that game. He played it and said it was pretty cool. So I decided to try it out. At the beginning, the game is very slow. Once you get passed the beginning of the game, then the fun hits.

Gameplay: 9/10 - A simple RPG game. Get a mission, buy some supplies, and fly to a dungeon. Then beat some monsters and win some stuff. It may seem boring, but it is actually very entertaining.

Graphics - 9/10 - The graphics are great in this game. The characters look really nice. The market area is in full 3d, and the dungeons are nicely designed. The enemies look very different from each other.

Sound - 5/10 - No dialogue. I don't even remember if there is sound in this game. All I know is there is a backround midi playing all throughout the game. Actually, I am pretty sure there is a midi playing.

Replay Value - 7/10 - There is no two player mode. After going through the game once, you will probably put it on your shelf. The only thing that some people might do is keep on fighting enemies to higher than HP.

Overall - 9/10 - The best American RPG at the moment for two reasons. 1) It's a great game. 2) It's the only RPG Game for Dreamcast. I would dish out the 50 bucks to buy this game.