Each month, GameFAQs will select up to three Contributors as the "Contributor of the Month".
Contributors are chosen based on the content they submit, based on both quantity and quality. Any contributor submitting content in a given month will be considered for the award.
Winners receive a $100 gift card.
GameFAQs Contributor of the Month Contest
Sponsored by: CNET Networks, Inc., 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105 (referred to herein as "CNET" or "Sponsor").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
The GameFAQs Contributor of the Month Contest (the "Contest") is a rolling contest that begins at Midnight UTC on the first day of each month and ends at Midnight UTC on the 15th of the following month (the "Entry Period").
1. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (except Arizona), the District of Columbia, and Canada (except within the province of Quebec) who are at least 13 years of age or older as of a Contest's start date. Employees of Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and those living the same household, are not eligible to participate. Void in Arizona, the province of Quebec, and outside the United States and Canada and where prohibited by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entrants under the age of 18 or those considered a minor in their state/province of residence must have their parent's permission before entering.
2. During the Entry Period, all users who submit one or more pieces of content to GameFAQs via https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/contribute/ will be entered for a prize. The entry consists of a content submitted on the GameFAQs site during the month the Contest is opened (the "Entry"). You must submit your content no later than Midnight UTC on the last day of the month in order to be considered eligible for the that month's Contest. All parts of the Entry must be submitted as described herein or your entire Entry will be void. Entries submitted via any other method will be void. Limit one (1) Entry per person/household/e-mail address. Multiple Entries will be void. Use of any automated or programmed entry method or any false e-mail account will void all Entries made by that entrant. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant and must be exclusively owned by the entrant prior to entry. Entry must not have been submitted in any other competition or previously published. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by judges in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
3. One winning entrant will be chosen by a panel of qualified judges on or around the 20th day of each month for the previous month's Contest based equally on the following criteria: the quality, relevance, amount, and depth of the content. The judges' decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
4. The Prize to be awarded from the Contest is as follows:
From One (1) to Three (3) Prizes: An online retail store gift certificate with an approximate retail value of $100.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $100 to $300.
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. 1099 tax statements will be filed with the IRS for the any winner whose prize value exceeds $600. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value.
5. The winner will be notified by mail or telephone at the email address or telephone number provided with his/her Entry. To claim their prize, winners (or their parent or legal guardian if a minor in their state of residence) must complete the Affidavit and General Release and, if applicable, the W-9 form sent to winner by Sponsor within fifteen days of attempted notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible and/or fails to respond to return the Affidavit and General Release and, if applicable, the W-9 form within the designated time period, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible Entries. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated Entries will be accepted. Sponsor is not required to choose a winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner's consent to have his or her name released in a winner's list which will be made available to the public.
6. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that Sponsor and its designees may use his or her name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and media now or hereafter known (including the right to post Entry on CNET's websites) without further compensation or notification. Neither Sponsor, nor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, or the respective officers, directors, employees or agents of the forgoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") are responsible for (i) any injury, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance, possession or use of the any prize; or (ii) any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and judge entries from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CNET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. By submitting a Entry, each entrant agrees Sponsor shall own the Entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may exploit all elements of such entry in any and all media now known or not currently known (including the right to post Entry on Sponsor's website), without compensation to entrant or any third party and without limitation to time or territory. The Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify, copy, disseminate, post or dispose of any Entry, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media for advertising and promotional or other purposes without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
9. Winners Names: For the names of the winners, available after the 20th of the month following the Contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GameFAQs FAQ of the Month Contest Winners Names for (month and year), CNET Networks, Inc. 235 Second Street, San Francisco, to be received within two weeks of the award of the prizes. Vermont residents may omit return postage.