• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. James Bond 007: Blood Stone
  3. Does the PC version support the 360 controller?

User Info: xemumanic

xemumanic
10 years ago#1

Does the PC version support the 360 controller?

That's all I need to know.

That, and if it's on Steam.

User Info: Viper3IN

Viper3IN
10 years ago#2
It is on steam however I do not know about controller support
i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz | XFX 5970+5870 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA X58 E758-A1 | 80GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD | 2x F3 HD103SJ Raid0 | Corsair HX1000W
360/PS3-DarkChaosViper

User Info: bond22

bond22
10 years ago#3

BUMP

I would like to know this as well.

User Info: DukeNukeThem

DukeNukeThem
10 years ago#4

Yes, it does support the Xbox 360 controller.

But....

The game doesn't recognize what kind of controller you own, and still prompts you throughout the game to perform tasks by giving you the mouse/keyboard icons on screen.

User Info: Noar_w

Noar_w
10 years ago#5

DukeNukeThem posted...

Yes, it does support the Xbox 360 controller.

But....

The game doesn't recognize what kind of controller you own, and still prompts you throughout the game to perform tasks by giving you the mouse/keyboard icons on screen.

that's shame TwT

User Info: nuconteaza

nuconteaza
10 years ago#6

I had to restart a few times because i didn't knew what to press and lost. So you have the task to remember which buttons are which, just because of lazy developers.

User Info: Acquire

Acquire
10 years ago#7
Just enable the option to use a controller in the options and after messing with the first level you should remember what all the buttons do.
"Erections lasting longer than 4 hours, though rare, require immediate medical attention."

User Info: VisMajorX

VisMajorX
10 years ago#8
There is an easy way to fix that problem guys.

Map the keyboard KEYS to letters which represent the BUTTONS on your pad.

So litterally map.. (I dunno the xbox layout for this game but..) ..

Jump = X
Focus = Y

etc... FOR THE KEYBOARD!

That way when using the pad it will tell you.. PRESS THE "X" 'KEY' TO DO --- WHATEVER.

And you hit the X button in response.

I use a Duel Action so .. I usually map to the keys 1 to 0 in this case.. You'd NEVER want to play on a keyboard with that layout obviously, but its good for telling you what button does which special move.

I'd say though, that they should have looked in to the control on a game like SS:Conviction.. because these are NEARLY the same stealth gameplay .. the control in general is a little bit of a pain in the ass moving to cover needs a fix, but... other than that major issue, the game is GREAT. Even a minor control issue can make an amazing game, just.. great. IMO.

User Info: heretrix

heretrix
10 years ago#9

The lack of PC gamepad prompts ingame is just lazy. It's 2010 and using gamepads like the 360 controller is pretty much standard. Since all they are doing is basically porting the game from the 360 and PS3 versions the least they can do is let you know what the damn default controls are. That's just plain idiotic.

User Info: VisMajorX

VisMajorX
10 years ago#10
Oh yeah, its unreal, getting your gamepad to work these days is like back in 1992 when you had to set IRQs for your soundcard and stuff.

ACTUALLY.. for some reason.. (in THIS game).. I lose the ability to click with the mouse when I turn on 'gamepad' and have my Duel Action on. And I lose the mouse completely if I turn on the Xbox Emulator for the pad support. Its just crazy.

I also dislike that so many games these days only allow you to apply ONE key to an action, I mean, why not allow us to bind whatever we want to whatever we want. Its gotta be harder to restrict keys than just allow people a command console to make minor tweaks to their gaming experience.

I miss the days when nearly every game was configurable to a degree to allow for modding, I managed to turn one game specifically from something nearly unplayable (by anyone) to something half decent (took days) and fun.
  1. Boards
  2. James Bond 007: Blood Stone
  3. Does the PC version support the 360 controller?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A