How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

User Info: dwm042

dwm042
4 years ago#71
I used a combo of pulse and defending. Over the course of acquiring 5 scrolls, I got 2 gold glims via pulse, never by defense. One of the glims I managed to get and the other was obscured by a mob casting some kind of curse which blinded me (never got the glim).

On 4 of the 5 scrolls, I succeeded with a mugshot. Those who say to thunderstorm, and mug if no glim found have a faster, better solution for most people.

D-

User Info: sebice

sebice
4 years ago#72
Sorry but this still isn't 100%.
I've fought many Honky-Tonkers and now two times in a row 'Light Fingers' gave be 'Bee Stingers' instead :/

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
4 years ago#73
sebice posted...
Sorry but this still isn't 100%.
I've fought many Honky-Tonkers and now two times in a row 'Light Fingers' gave be 'Bee Stingers' instead :/

You are stealing from the wrong enemy.
(message deleted)

User Info: blacksniper

blacksniper
4 years ago#75
I'm amazed that this is still a sticky. It's a helpful tip to take into consideration but it's not even remotely sticky worthy.
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. - Calvin & Hobbes

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
4 years ago#76
blacksniper posted...
I'm amazed that this is still a sticky. It's a helpful tip to take into consideration but it's not even remotely sticky worthy.

I requested unsticky weeks ago. I don't get it either.

User Info: blacksniper

blacksniper
4 years ago#77
I requested unsticky a couple days ago... the problem is the TC is a very well respected member of the GameFAQs community (and one I personally respect a great deal) so it seems his topic has quite a lot of weight behind it.

At this point I'd assume it would almost take him requesting his own topic be unstickied.
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. - Calvin & Hobbes

User Info: E32005

E32005
4 years ago#78
http://i.imgur.com/QTmVpNi.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/5576/screenshot20111227at103.png

User Info: ognop4

ognop4
4 years ago#79
Goddammit Oliver....

Finally I manage to pulse out a golden glim after 30minutes of running around for the last scroll. As I switch to Swaine, the AI decides Oliver needs to summon a familiar... which of course spawns right atop the golden glim!

Almost threw my controller at the TV.
This is total BS. It does not work at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.