• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Does the UK version work in a US Xbox 360?

User Info: HONDA700

HONDA700
9 years ago#1
I've really been looking forward to playing this game but since it appears it may never release in the US, I'd like to buy the UK version. Before I buy it though, I want to be sure that the UK version will play in my US Xbox 360. Any info given would really be appreciated.

User Info: PsychoD_Boy

PsychoD_Boy
9 years ago#2
Yes. The 360 itself is not region locked however a game developer can region lock a game. Thankfully the developers for this game didn't. Gamestation.co.uk sells it for £13.99 ($22.50) and £18.94 ($30.45) after shipping. Not bad for a game that will cost $40 when/if it gets a US release. The only downside is you can't get the Group B DLC cars unless you have a UK Live account because DLC is locked to whatever region the game is.
First rule of Popo's training!!!! Do not talk about Popo's training!!!

HONDA700
9 years ago#3
Thanks for the info.

So I assume the Australian version would work too, is that correct?

User Info: evelsnake

evelsnake
9 years ago#4
Sorry this game is region locked on the xbox 360. A pal copy will not work on a U.S xbox.

HONDA700
9 years ago#5
OK, so which is it, PsychoD_Boy says it works, evelsnake says it doesn't, I've read conflicting opinions elsewhere too. PsychoD_Boy, have you personally played a PAL version on a US Xbox 360 console? evelsnake, have you personally tried playing a PAL version on a US console and it didn't work for you? I'd really like to know for sure if it works or not. Thanks again for any info.

User Info: evelsnake

evelsnake
9 years ago#6
The game is region locked.! It will not work. Some games are region free and will work on any console. Some are specific to certain regions.

PsychoD_Boy
9 years ago#7
Damn, sorry he's right. They did lock the 360 version. I find it odd that they locked the 360 version but not the PS3 version. Seems odd that they would do the extra work just to block the 360 fans. Sorry man.

PsychoD_Boy
9 years ago#8
The closest you can get is the PC version and play with a 360 controller. Sorry dude, I don't know what they have against 360 users.

HONDA700
9 years ago#9
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it, now I won't buy a game I can't play. I really hope they release the game in the US, I've really been looking forward to playing it.

User Info: NightDrifter05

NightDrifter05
9 years ago#10
PsychoD_Boy posted...
Damn, sorry he's right. They did lock the 360 version. I find it odd that they locked the 360 version but not the PS3 version. Seems odd that they would do the extra work just to block the 360 fans. Sorry man.

Just so you know PS3 doesn't have ANY region locked games as Sony doesn't allow the developers to do that which is why PS3 game's are generally around the same price world wide where as if you look at 360 you'll see some game's in Asia and other areas that cost like $100 USD.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Does the UK version work in a US Xbox 360?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A