• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. how are the tracks for you

User Info: josephjones23

josephjones23
9 years ago#1
because of the fact that this game is 100% rally and it has good handling and sense of speed i can forgive it for having bad graphics and sound.

but did they need to make the stages so uninspiring? they don't have the feel of rally stages. they don't have the tight technical areas mixed in with the fast flowing areas. you can do nearly 50mph around a hairpin corner???!!!

i don't want to slate the game, but having good tracks with a unique feel for each country is vital for an immersive driving experience. With wrc's tracks though, i have found myself getting bored, which is new for me with a rally game. never got bored with any of the previous colin mcrae's or wrc's. its a shame really.
more imagination please

User Info: GreenMan1986

GreenMan1986
9 years ago#2
Though I have yet to play the game, I have noticed this from many of the videos I have seen. I thought it was just Finland at first, but most of the tracks(well 2 from each country I viewed, which is the minority) seem flat.

I play Colin McRae Rally 2005 from time to time and most countries have tracks that go up and down hills both straight and in turns, through large gullies, etc.

There doesn't seem to be much elevation change from what I've seen. But to those of you that have played it, are there tracks that do exhibit these traits?

The hairpins called out by the co-driver are strange. Though there are some that truely are hairpins, you would think a lot would be called out as "3 left short" or even in the range of 6.

The width of the track is also different from what I'm used to, though while in cockpit view it seems less noticeable. I prefer tracks where the treeline comes right to the edge of the road aswell.

I still plan to pick this up once they have confirmed a NA release date. Plus I hope they don't push back SBK:X again. Even though I would like to get this game more, having that date keep changing doesn't give me much hope for WRC.

User Info: josephjones23

josephjones23
9 years ago#3
its worth waiting for this to come down in price. the track have almost no elevation and you could probably get around the tightest hairpin bend without the handbrake.

trees on the edge of the stage would be awsome, like the old colin mcrae games, or even dirt 1.
more imagination please
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. how are the tracks for you
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A