• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Insight from a very experienced Rally gamer.

User Info: tomcatobitrice

tomcatobitrice
9 years ago#1
I own Colin 04 and 2005. Love those games. I also own Dirt and Dirt 2.

Dirt is good but starts to go away from true rallying. Dirt 2 is such a disappointment for a rally gamer like me, its too arcadey but its still a good game just not a good rally game.

I like WRC alot because its 100% true rallying. I like the handling alot and the graphics are fine for me as i am not a graphics whore.

I also love Richard burns rally. Most realistic rally game on any system by far.

I also have Race Pro (yes i know its not rally) and love it and its graphics suck, but its the most realistic racing game on concoles by far.

As for F1 2010, if CM can patch up that mess of a game, then i will buy it if all the major bugs are gone.

<(*-*)> Banki!! Senbonsakura........ Scatter
"the jerk store called, and they're running out of you"

User Info: dark_minun

dark_minun
9 years ago#2
Yeah, I've been seeing this as sort of the RacePRO of rally as well. RacePRO was a great game, but the graphics were disappointing (though far better after I got a better TV.)

WRC is similar from what I've experienced in the demo, I'm still waiting on the North American release to play the full game.

User Info: GreenMan1986

GreenMan1986
9 years ago#3
I actually like the graphics in Race Pro more than Forza 3. The gritty look coupled with the powerful cars while in cockpit view gives me a great sense of immersion. I also love how over time the windshields become dirty reducing visibility.

The raw power and the sense that the car is being pushed beyond it's limit just to win feels great, especially with a wheel :)

User Info: JDawgg77

JDawgg77
9 years ago#4
Where did you get a demo?

User Info: dark_minun

dark_minun
9 years ago#5

Only available in Europe. If you want it and don't live in Europe, create a British Hotmail account, use it to create a British gamertag on Xbox.com, download the gamertag to your Xbox, and use that gamertag to download the demo. That's what I did. Might sound kinda involved but it only took a few minutes. The tough part is finding a British postal code (Wikipedia is your friend).

User Info: rallydrifter

rallydrifter
9 years ago#6

dark_minun posted...

Only available in Europe. If you want it and don't live in Europe, create a British Hotmail account, use it to create a British gamertag on Xbox.com, download the gamertag to your Xbox, and use that gamertag to download the demo. That's what I did. Might sound kinda involved but it only took a few minutes. The tough part is finding a British postal code (Wikipedia is your friend).

Ya, I did the same thing as you. I love the demo, so I'm definitely going to get this game. I just hope that it comes out in America or that the european version is region free.

User Info: captainvik

captainvik
9 years ago#7
Bugs in F1 2010 are waaayyyyy over exaggerated on the CM forums. THere are a couple of annoying bugs like AI not pitting but most can be worked around and the game is still hugely enjoyable.

Tyre puncture bug which many people scream about, I have never experienced on xbox but ps3 it is frequent.

Patch should be out within 3 to 4 weeks and fix list is extensive.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Insight from a very experienced Rally gamer.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A