• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Oh well, Dirt 3 it is then.....

User Info: monzmeg

monzmeg
9 years ago#21

The first DIRT was ok especially the rally championship side of the game.....didn't like the career side of the game.

DIRT 2 was way off the mark with all the X games stuff in it and DIRT 3 looked more of the same.

Picked up Baja yesterday for £8.......thats alot of fun.....abit of everything like DIRT 1 .......really enjoying that.

Will get WRC nearer xmas when its cheaper....£40 is too much.

User Info: stuarthanley

stuarthanley
9 years ago#22

I enjoyed BAJA too. WRC is very much like the old Colin Mcrae 05 on the original Xbox with HD graphics (which is no bad thing)

I bought Colin Mcrae 05 again the other day (£2) just to compare the 2.... seriously, I think CM2 has the edge.... and its £38 cheaper!

monzmeg
9 years ago#23

can you play Colin mcCrae on the 360???

stuarthanley
9 years ago#24

yes, its backward compatible. There are a few minor graphical glitches on the menus but the game itself runs 100%

stuarthanley
9 years ago#25

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwardscompatibility.htm

monzmeg
9 years ago#26

stuarthanley posted...

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwardscompatibility.htm

Nice...I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

stuarthanley
9 years ago#27

Rallisport challenge.... thats all I'm saying (although I'd have prefered it if they'd have made RC2 compatible)

User Info: captainvik

captainvik
9 years ago#28
CMR 2 now that was a classic... and RBR wasted all my time and lots of it.

Rally has been left to rust by most of the better devs now... but I still believe Dirt 3 will reignite rally on console/PC ... also has some Gymkhana ala Ken Block that I like.

User Info: vyse_1986

vyse_1986
9 years ago#29
Production values, blah. What do production values even have to do with how good a game is? All they measure is how much money the developers had on hand when they made a game. The menus in this game are perfect, seriously, why does it even matter how the slider bars look? You get ten difficulty levels, you can freely customize the button layout and you can turn each individual element of the HUD on or off. Most games fail to provide that, you get predefined button layouts as well as "full" and "light" HUDs that your choices are limited to. I prefer menus that offer functionality to menus that look fancy any day.
Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

stuarthanley
9 years ago#30

Most game menu's offer both functionality and attractiveness (if thats the correct terminology). I can't see why this game couldn't do that. I mean look at the pictures on the menus. They look like a 6 year old has drawn them. There is no depth to the picture.

(the game is awesome though!!!!)

1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Oh well, Dirt 3 it is then.....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A